Received P4 Today

Excited.

Our interview is scheduled for 30 July.

My question is about the medical examination.

http://travel.state....T-0006-1203.pdf

According to this link, my wife needs to have her passport

The only problem is that I have it (Had to send it to IRS for Tax number).

Does she have to wait until my arrival?

Also, is there anything else I missed?

Thank You

Edited by fidel (see edit history)

It is imposable to have the visa before the medical, the medical is done before the interview which then results in a visa if approved. However she will need her passport for the medical.

If you plan on being there for the interview, then simply bring the passport with you, and then do the medical a couple days before the interview.

In my case I was there for interview, and brought the affidavit of support with me for my wife to bring to interview.

Sorry I meant passport not Visa.

I was hoping to fly in right before the interview so that I could wait longer for the visa to be ready.

Instead I'll have to fly in a week before...then return to China again to bring her home.

Sorry I meant passport not Visa.

I was hoping to fly in right before the interview so that I could wait longer for the visa to be ready.

Instead I'll have to fly in a week before...then return to China again to bring her home.

Mailing it would be much cheaper - EMS is fairly safe (it's called EMI - Express Mail International) in the U.S. The tracking number is good both in the U.S., and in China through China Post EMS. With only a few weeks left, you may not want to do that.

But with the time you'd be losing in making two trips, you might consider just having the medical done in Guangzhou a day or two before the interview.

• 3 weeks later...

Dnoblett,

quick question, you mentioned that you went to interview with your wife. Does it mean you go with her all the way to the window facing the officer ? sonny

Nope I waited drinking the expensive coffee on the 4th floor, my wife brought my ppassport with her when interviewing, so to show I was there supporting her.

Guangzhou does not allow couples to interview together.

Sonny, you will have to part with your wife on the 4th floor as she goes up to the 5th floor for her interview. Dan just meant he was with her in Guangzhou on her inerview day.

How nice it would be to be with our women during their actual interview.

Good luck to your wife at her interview.

tsap seui

Nope I waited drinking the expensive coffee on the 4th floor, my wife brought my ppassport with her when interviewing, so to show I was there supporting her.

Did that the first day but went over to the Starbucks across the street the second day. Only time I imagine Starbucks coffee will be the cheaper alternative.