July Interview Group (Common Posting Thread)

• 1 month later...

Reentry. How soon after entering the USA (first time) can we travel internationally (So that we may enter USA again).

Same day. The CR1 or IR1 visa is a green card visa it has an I551 notation which upon entry to the USA makes it serve as a green card allowing work and travel.

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/userpics/99033/cr-1_a.jpg

Note the notation at the bottom of this example CR1 visa.

This is one advantage a CR1 or IR1 visa has that a K1 does not.

Thank You dnoblett

Medical Examination.

We're planning on having the Medical Examination and Immunization performed at the Guangzhou facility.

From what I've read, we show up in the morning and get the results in the afternoon.

When do we request the DS-3025 to be placed in a separate envelope (morning or afternoon?)

Also the instructions state that the medical examination forms will be generated and completed by the panel physical during the exam.

Does this mean there is no paperwork for us to fill out when we get there?

Also we only need to bring 4 passport photos? No need for the P4 letter?

Edited by fidel (see edit history)

You can download and print out the required DS medical forms here, http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/forms_and_packets.htm

You are doing a CR-1 or IR-1 visa, all medical forms get sealed in same envelope and then turned into the consulate along with all requested documents at the appointed time, also you indicated doing elect process at NVC, in this case the documents that were scanned and emailed to NVC will be turned in at the consulate, and will be returned at the interview.

The thing about DS-3025 in separate envelope has to do with K-Visas, in the case of K-Visas they need to provide vaccination record (DS-3025 or I-693) in the USA when they adjust status.

Bring P4 letter passport and passport photos to the medical.

Thank You dnoblett for the Medical Forms.

So for a CR1 all we need to do is show up for the Medical Exam, the needed immunizations will be automatically included.

Input:

1. P4 letter

2. 4 passport photo

3. Medical Forms

Output:

1. One sealed envelope

Edited by fidel (see edit history)

Yep, that about sums it up for medical, the P4 letter will let them know you are there for an immigrations medical for the US Consulate, get there early, and recommended to do it a couple days before interview just in case there is an issue at the medical where they cannot provide it same day.

The "Interview Date" on the letter is document turn in, typically in the afternoon, with interview happening the following morning.

My wife's interview is on the 24th. We've already done the medical exam and vaccines in Shanghai. We are trying to figure out when she can go to Guangzhou and when she can return. Along those lines, we have two questions:

1. When/how is payment made? It seems like I've seen that it's supposed to be done "before" the interview. What does that mean, and how does one do it?

2. It seems like I've seen conflicting things about whether or not they mail the visa to you upon completion. We're DCF and heavily front-loaded, so I assume she will pass. But when and how does she get what she needs from them?

Thanks

1) In DCF cases the DS-230 payment is made at the consulate on the date noted in the P-4 letter, when turning in documents.

2) Yes, that is what they will do, they mail the passport and visa along with immigrations envelope to the post office or other address in China, just after interview beneficiary will stop at the post office desk in the hallway and fill out an EMS postal label and pay the postage.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank You Everyone for all the help and guidance through the process.

Flexibility is always key.

Medical took 2 days. Morning examination. Next day afternoon to pick up results. We have to wait 3 months to start a family because of the immunization shots she received.

Prior to 12:30 Document Submission we passed the time walking through Ikea, making notes on future new furniture purchases. Additionally, there's an entire mall underneath the nearby train station. We brought groceries at the huge underground grocery store. Anyway, we stood in line for Document Submission and received our token for entrance. We were able to enter the building together, but they would only allow her to pass through security. I passed the time reviewing the other store's in the building and the infamous expensive coffee place. They asked her 3 easy questions at Document Submission. What's your husbands name? What does he do?

The next morning I gave her my Passport for the Interview. My wife felt that the interviewer was very friendly. The Interviews she observed varied (Short, long, pass, fail etc.) My wife was asked many questions. What's his favorite TV show? Answer: He doesn't watch TV. Does he like sports? Answer: No, he likes cooking. When asked about my favorite food, my wife was able to show and tell with the picture book she made.

Visa was ready for pickup a week later. We had to take separate flights for the trip to the United States. Mine: Guangzhou-Shanghai-Chicago-DC. Hers: Guangzhou-Beijing-Chicago-DC. We were able to meet up again in the lines in Chicago. Her flight arrived 30 minutes before mine, but I got through the US citizen line first. I tried to get her to join me in my line, but she was told to go through the foreigners line, so I assumed the authorities knew what they were doing.

Once home in the USA, we were able to review the local Ikea. Memory has a funny way of playing tricks on you. In China, I remembered the USA one as bigger but once I walked through the USA one again, it looked around as big as the one we went to in China!

Truly glad to see it all went well for your lady, Fidel. What a great thing to have behind you.

Good luck with the future fun stuff.

We too went to that Ikea store and burned some time. It's a wonder they didn't kick me out for goofin' off on the beds and such....I am an unruly kid and can't help myself, probably need a leash.

tsap seui