Donna Summer Passes

Oh man....Donna Summer!!

She was one of the Queen's of those funky bass bottom days of dance music known as disco. I loved those days...around 1974 to maybe 1979. So many great songs that were filled with can't keep your feet still rythm, pure primal sexual beat, and a bass driven funk with horns and strings on top with catchy guitar rythms behind a singer singing songs of love and lust in the dust.

Many of my biker bros looked at me like I had lost my mind when I got my long hair cut and put into a perm....LOL Heck man, I rode my Harley off into disco heaven. Got myself into a touring disco band playing all over the midwest and northeast practically EVERY night for years. For a bass player with soul music roots disco was one of my highlites of life experiences and couldn't have fit me and my sexual seekin' lifestyle any better. In nightclubs all over the place that timeless sexual throb of the disco beat drove women into a frenzy whitch, by the end of the night, gave them an itch that needed to be scratched. Who better to scratch that itch than the boyz makin' the music....YAOWZUH YAOWZUH YAOWZUH Sleep all day, play all night.....getting paid damn good money to play funky music and chase wild wimmins.

RIP Donna, your music and your "sisters like Cha Ka Kahn made more happy memories than you could ever imagine.

Okay okay, I know I am lettin' myself open to all you fire breathin' REAL men who hated disco and my ol' bros from the biker dayz thought I'd gone purdy and gay when I put on them fancy bells and started playin' disco music for Chrisakes....LOL But man, what a sound a band can make with a couple of horns, a keyboard player with a Fender Rhodes, D9 Clavinet, ARP String Ensemble, mini Moog, and a lil' gal who became 10 foot tall when she started to belt out the tunes...I can't imagine any music that put my ears and body into a better frame of mind and put wimmins into an almost hypnotic sexual trance lookin' for a man toy to play with them.

tsap seui

Roll over Bethoven

Listen to Donna sing Love to love ya baby

Ah, those good ol' dayz before STD's....where ya layed in the afterglo and one or the other asked "what was yore name again?"