Immigration issues in China

Did anyone read on MSN the story about China s immigration problem? I think it said that China may have over 20000 illegals. For some of the poorer asian countries China may be the new promise land. Interesting reading. Sorry i don.t have the link to the story. Danb

Guest ExChinaExpat

The Chinese communist party is fanning the flames of anger. Their two faces are all over many recent stories about foreigners who prey upon Chinese women. While I have personally witnessed stupid drunk foreign men behaving badly in China, it is from my experience rare. The communists do not mention how foreign men are often approached by pushy Chinese prostitutes, wherever they may be. Make no mistake, the video of that foreign man is despicable, and he got what he deserved. However, it appears China is working overtime to make it much more difficult to live and work in China.

Hello. Yes, Dan that is the one . Thank you for posting it. Not sure what that second link is for. I can t access it at this time. Perhaps it is the one about the CCTV commentator who recently went on a tirage on a Chinese blog about those foreignors. I have read some of the topics recently posted. In particular the ones started by Jiangsu and Amberjack. There are many faucets to them that would be interesting to explore. Some of them would be why do the Chinese think the way they do? Is it in part based on a particular goverment department s control of the flow of media. Or does it have to do with Chinese history of interference by foreignors and /or the ruling of non Han dynastys of the Manchus and the Monguls? Another one that I wonder about is why are American not liked by not just the Chinese but other countries. Western countries? Well at least I think they are interesting.

Jiangsu, I have heard that anti -American and Anti-Japanese may have been ratcheted up a bit in the past ten years or so. During the seventies we were not be presented in such a poor lite. Or so I have heard. Danb

Guest ExChinaExpat

Jiangsu, I have heard that anti -American and Anti-Japanese may have been ratcheted up a bit in the past ten years or so. During the seventies we were not be presented in such a poor lite. Or so I have heard. Danb

It took a long time for me to learn to recognize the "you're not welcome here signs." Mostly, because the people who don't like Americans, don't wear signs, have secret rings or handshakes, and don't openly exhibit their dislike. I've never seen a breakdown of foreigners according to country in China. There seems to be a lot fewer Americans than those from other countries. A lot from Australia, UK, and Europe. I do not often see Americans here.

Actually, I don't think Americans are being singled out by Chinese people, because I don't think they can tell whether a person is American or not simply by looking at them. I'm actually pretty good at recognizing Americans by sight only. Chinese behaviors are often very subtle, but I can still tell by looking in their eyes about whether they are engaging me, or tolerating me.

Yep, second is Youtube from Taiwan about that anti-foreign commentator.

If you use a good proxy them perhaps you can view the video, as always with NMATV it pokes fun and is Chinese Kooky stuff. :happydance:

Yep, second is Youtube from Taiwan about that anti-foreign commentator.

If you use a good proxy them perhaps you can view the video, as always with NMATV it pokes fun and is Chinese Kooky stuff. :happydance:

I've found that proxies, in general, don't work anymore, although I've been able to find one if I need one badly enough (like when I let my VPN subscription lapse).

On MSN I just read another story about Yang R. s tirage . I have seen that guy on CCTV before. It seem as if we are seeing two different persona s. I wonder what is up with that. Should I be reading between the lines? Am I missing something? Or is it case of the two faces revealing themselves? Danb

PS. His comments about spies and about the Chang woman. Where are they coming from? I may be missing part of the picture.

On MSN I just read another story about Yang R. s tirage . I have seen that guy on CCTV before. It seem as if we are seeing two different persona s. I wonder what is up with that. Should I be reading between the lines? Am I missing something? Or is it case of the two faces revealing themselves? Danb

PS. His comments about spies and about the Chang woman. Where are they coming from? I may be missing part of the picture.

Yeah - that's him - totally out of character. He's the one who generally interviews Westerners on CCTV News - he's usually very polite, except to cut it off whenever the questioning is turned back at him