I'm a newbie - Instruction Packets

Hey everyone, I have a couple of questions. Hope someone could help me out with them!

I just received my NOA2 (Approved!!) yesterday. So I'm aware that my case will eventually be forwarded to the US consulate in Guangzhou in the next couple of weeks even though I reside and work in Shanghai. I looked over the Guangzhou consulate's website to read on the P-3 and P-4. So in P-3, there will be an instruction letter in Chinese.

My question is - Is there a way to request the instruction letter to be in English? (Well, I can't read Chinese and I'm not a Chinese citizen)

Next question is about the medical examination. Can it take place in Shanghai (where I reside)?

Fiancee or Spouse visa petition?

If Spouse case filed to state side USCIS not filed in Beijing or Guangzhou, there will be more do do with NVC, and (P3 is different than what is posted on the consulate site.)

If Fiancee K-1 or DCF filing of spouse (I-130 filed to DHS in China) then will be what is posted on consulate site.

I tried OCR of that doc, and failed, best to have someone translate it for you but it is just basic instructions.

Basically P-3 involves checking off that you have the required docs noted on OF-169, sending the OF-169 back along with DS-230 part 1, a photo copy of passport BIO page, and a EMS mailing label, as per the OF-169.

And yes you can do the medical in Shanghai as per instructions that are in P4 (GIV-8) http://photos.state.gov/libraries/guangzhou/47024/IV/Medical%20instruction%20_GIV-8_%20-%20Apr_%2012.pdf

If doing K-1, it is highly advisable to get the vaccinations done over there and get a DS-3025 done and sealed in a separate envelope for later use in the states when adjusting status.

My question is - Is there a way to request the instruction letter to be in English? (Well, I can't read Chinese and I'm not a Chinese citizen)

When we did DCF, everything was sent in duplicate - Chinese and English. The OF-169 is the important doc as it explains everything you need and that is in Chinese and English.

Can you wife/fiance not read Chinese?

Fiancee or Spouse visa petition?

If Spouse case filed to state side USCIS not filed in Beijing or Guangzhou, there will be more do do with NVC, and (P3 is different than what is posted on the consulate site.)

If Fiancee K-1 or DCF filing of spouse (I-130 filed to DHS in China) then will be what is posted on consulate site.

I tried OCR of that doc, and failed, best to have someone translate it for you but it is just basic instructions.

Basically P-3 involves checking off that you have the required docs noted on OF-169, sending the OF-169 back along with DS-230 part 1, a photo copy of passport BIO page, and a EMS mailing label, as per the OF-169.

And yes you can do the medical in Shanghai as per instructions that are in P4 (GIV-8) http://photos.state....20Apr_%2012.pdf

If doing K-1, it is highly advisable to get the vaccinations done over there and get a DS-3025 done and sealed in a separate envelope for later use in the states when adjusting status.

It's the K1-visa. I'm the benficiary. Okay, I could get someone to help out with the translation. The vaccinations are a good idea and I think I have my history of vaccinations with me. I hope that the hospital doesn't find issues with my documentation.

What is the typical duration between the time of receiving P-3 and the scheduled interview for Guangzhou?

When we did DCF, everything was sent in duplicate - Chinese and English. The OF-169 is the important doc as it explains everything you need and that is in Chinese and English.

Can you wife/fiance not read Chinese?

Well, I guess for K-1 petition, only instruction comes in Chinese.

It's the K1-visa. I'm the benficiary. Okay, I could get someone to help out with the translation. The vaccinations are a good idea and I think I have my history of vaccinations with me. I hope that the hospital doesn't find issues with my documentation.

What is the typical duration between the time of receiving P-3 and the scheduled interview for Guangzhou?

Typically the consulate schedules interview for 3 weeks to a month after you return the P3 forms to them.

And why I say get the vaccination DS-3025 record done over there is because if you delay that and do it in the USA you will have to deal with doctors that want to hit you for a LOT of money. SEE: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41344-us-civil-surgeons-and-the-i-693/

Typically the consulate schedules interview for 3 weeks to a month after you return the P3 forms to them.

And why I say get the vaccination DS-3025 record done over there is because if you delay that and do it in the USA you will have to deal with doctors that want to hit you for a LOT of money. SEE: http://candleforlove...-and-the-i-693/

So at the medical examination, we could also get the vaccination and the sealed report?

So at the medical examination, we could also get the vaccination and the sealed report?

Yes, just indicate that you need the DS-3025 in a seperate envelope for use later.

K-Visas are technically non-immigrant so do not need the vaccinations record for visa, HOWEVER later WILL need it to adjust status and become a US resident.

You say beneficiary, and not understand Chinese, what nationality are you? Note you will need to provide a police cert from other countries, some are easier to get than others, and some you cannot get at all, in which case the consulate knows this and should not demand them.

For procedures to get documents and records like police certs from various countries, refer to this page: http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html

For China, depending on Chinese visa type, you may or may not be able to get a report there.

What some do for P3 is have petitioner US Citizen call DOS Visa services in the states once or twice a week to find out if and when P3 gets mailed out, and once they know P3 has been sent you them mail to the Guangzhou consulate the required P3 items.

• OF-169 with items you have gathered checked.
  • DS-230 Part 1 only
  • Photo copy of your passport BIO page.
  • EMS Mailing Label from your China Post office.

Mail these 4 items and nothing more to:

United States Consulate Guangzhou

IV Unit

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

As for what the P3 instruction letter, I would not worry much about what it says.

• 4 weeks later...

You say beneficiary, and not understand Chinese, what nationality are you? Note you will need to provide a police cert from other countries, some are easier to get than others, and some you cannot get at all, in which case the consulate knows this and should not demand them.

For procedures to get documents and records like police certs from various countries, refer to this page: http://travel.state..../fees_3272.html

For China, depending on Chinese visa type, you may or may not be able to get a report there.

What some do for P3 is have petitioner US Citizen call DOS Visa services in the states once or twice a week to find out if and when P3 gets mailed out, and once they know P3 has been sent you them mail to the Guangzhou consulate the required P3 items.

• OF-169 with items you have gathered checked.
  • DS-230 Part 1 only
  • Photo copy of your passport BIO page.
  • EMS Mailing Label from your China Post office.

Mail these 4 items and nothing more to:

United States Consulate Guangzhou

IV Unit

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

As for what the P3 instruction letter, I would not worry much about what it says.

I am a Malaysian and can speak some Chinese, but I can't read Chinese. I have already obtained my police clearance certificate from my home country. I am still in the progress of finding out how to get one in Shanghai. I called the Shanghai Public Notary Office a few days ago, and the person asked that I come with my passport and residence/work permit. He said I don't need other documents and the notary office will do the background check. I can probably get a certificate in a week or two.

Does that sound about right? Any comments on this?

My fiance and I haven't heard from NVC yet, so we're still waiting.

Yep, sounds correct, the Notary office will also make an English translation for the the consulate.

Yep, sounds correct, the Notary office will also make an English translation for the the consulate.

Thanks!!

One more thing, do you have any idea whether it's necessary for a non-Chinese to obtain a marital status certificate in China?

I did obtain one from my home country, so I wasn't sure if I need to get another one in China.

Thanks!!

One more thing, do you have any idea whether it's necessary for a non-Chinese to obtain a marital status certificate in China?

I did obtain one from my home country, so I wasn't sure if I need to get another one in China.

Nope, not needed from China, they would have no record anyway. Yes evidence free to marry and/or prior marriages terminated is needed at interview, if country provides a cert of no marriage (Philippines) , have it for interview.

Link to Guangzhou IV Unit Website, Packet 3 (P3) & Packet 4 (P4), below:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/forms_and_packets.htm

Interview will be scheduled about 3 or 4 weeks after Guangzhou receives completed Packet 3 back:

Medical Exam/Vaccines may be done at:

Shanghai International Travel

Healthcare Center

2F. Bld 3,No. 15 Jin Bang Road, Shanghai

Tel: (021)62699006/62697117

Price: RMB1100 for adult, RMB640 for child

Interview is in Guangzhou only.

Best wishes,

Rod & Li

Thanks!!

Nope, not needed from China, they would have no record anyway. Yes evidence free to marry and/or prior marriages terminated is needed at interview, if country provides a cert of no marriage (Philippines) , have it for interview.

Thanks!!