Taxes for 2011

computerguy

My wife just came to USA in November 2011, do I still need to put her on my tax reform? She didn't work but I thought you need to declare even if you don't work. She had a job in China, would I have to put info about that even though she wasn't a USA resident yet then?

Edit: Does money she spend from her credit card that is filled by her parents in china taxable?

Yes, you file a Joint return even if the marriage took place Dec 31 2011... Or you will be filing Married Filing Separate and she would also file a return. Joint return probably will result in a bigger refund.

Even if were not yet a resident as in arriving after Jan 1, you would still file a joint return, and if she does not yet have a SSN you would file using an ITIN in place of SSN.

NO, money sent her by parents is a gift, and is not taxable.

what about her job before she got the green card? does she need to file that income? I read online if I file jointly she will need to declare them because that would be part of world wide taxes but it didnt say if the same would need to be done for separately. since I worked in China the whole year, I am not expecting to get a refund, so I'm not concerned about getting the bigger refund.

what about her job before she got the green card? does she need to file that income? I read online if I file jointly she will need to declare them because that would be part of world wide taxes but it didnt say if the same would need to be done for separately. since I worked in China the whole year, I am not expecting to get a refund, so I'm not concerned about getting the bigger refund.

Already running thread on this topic...

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44617-taxes-anyone/page__fromsearch__1

Same boat. Yes will have to estimate foreign income, it should be exempt.

Still I would joint file return, this is looked for later when removing conditions if green-card is a two year card, and if applying for citizenship 3-5 years from now.

F1 Weekend in China.

NASCAR night racing right here in Ft worth that I gave tickets away for tonight, but will go tomorrow night.

Here I sit doing Taxes trying to figure out this biz I started.

Oh, and somewhere along the way the rules changed about divorce. You need to be married to the end of the year to file joint. But I found out others are filing married joint even though divorced.