I want to teach Chinese in Orlando

Cassie

I will go back to US on April 10th ,I will look for a job ,I have been thinking to get a personal teaching Chinese job ,Anybody knows someone around wants to learn Chinese in Orlando? Or if someone's wife in US is doing that job ?? I dont know where to post an ad for that ,I remember I was in 001 before and I saw one post says theres a free web that I can post that kind of information,but I didnt save it ,now I cant find it any more ,so just wondering if anybody here know where to get the information and how to post an ad! Is it legal for me to post that in high school or college?

My wife was involved with the local Chinese School for a couple years after coming to the USA, however classes tended to be small, and it was only a couple hours every Saturday, so only paid $500 or so per term Spring or Fall. This was more of a volunteering thing.

You could always ask schools or colleges if they will post that you offer being a tutor. You can always be a tutor.

Check around Orlando to see if there is a Chinese school.

http://www.orlandochineseschool.org/

http://www.orlandochinese.com/Links.html

Some more:

http://www.language-school-teachers.com/Default.asp?selX6=12&selCountry=94&txtCity=Orlando

Craigslist: http://orlando.craigslist.org/edu/

Thanks ,but they all said I need a bachelor degree on Chinese language and arts at least, I dont have one ,and I dont have any experience either.I think I should try personal teaching in the beginning ,like one by one .But I dont know how to find that kind of person who is looking for a personal Chinese teacher .I hope I can post ads somewhere that way people can see .Anyways ,thanks again for you help

If you want to tutor, just post ads on the bulletin boards at the local universities in Orlando. You can also post on Craigslist.

My wife likes little kids, so she just walked into a bunch of daycare centers, introduced herself and asked for an application, and now she teaches Chinese at one. They give her basically as many hours as she wants.

• Like 1

I will go back to US on April 10th ,I will look for a job ,I have been thinking to get a personal teaching Chinese job ,Anybody knows someone around wants to learn Chinese in Orlando? Or if someone's wife in US is doing that job ?? I dont know where to post an ad for that ,I remember I was in 001 before and I saw one post says theres a free web that I can post that kind of information,but I didnt save it ,now I cant find it any more ,so just wondering if anybody here know where to get the information and how to post an ad! Is it legal for me to post that in high school or college?

Your not going to have time to tutor anyone. You are going to be busy going to school full time 12+ credits AND working a part time job for about 20 hours a week. I think school enough alone is going to keep you busy since you will need to translate some of the words in the book. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

Oh not to mention, you already have a job, it is waiting for you for when you come back.

Your not going to have time to tutor anyone. You are going to be busy going to school full time 12+ credits AND working a part time job for about 20 hours a week. I think school enough alone is going to keep you busy since you will need to translate some of the words in the book. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

Oh not to mention, you already have a job, it is waiting for you for when you come back.

What kind of job is it ??? I always want to be a tutor,that way I wont forget my Chinese,its like couple hours a week or something ,it doesnt take too much time to prepare for it !!

Although certification is probably not required, it would be good to get it. My wife was going to do a particular program in Beijing but then decided to just wait to see if that opportunity was even available here. BTW: We are in Orlando too.

Thats great ,Do you mind asking your wife if its ok for her to give me her qq number ,we could always talk there ,I would be back to US soon.To be honest,I dont have much friends over there ,if she is ok ,we could hang out sometimes !