Ready to submit to GUZ?

Wife and I are applying for a CR1 visa, we DCFed in Beijing and have just gotten the packet back that contains form DS-230, I-864, and form 169. I'm a bit confused as to what we have to send now, and what we need to bring to the interview in GUZ once that's assigned...how does this look?

To send immediately to GUZ (am I right we should send copies of these forms, not the originals?):

• Form 169 (COPY)
  • Form DS-230 (COPY)
  • Passport bio page (COPY)
  • Mailing address label

To BRING to interview in GUZ:

• Form 169 (original)
  • Form DS-230 (original)
  • Form 1-864 and supplementary documents (i.e., federal tax returns) (original form, copies of tax returns)
  • Passports
  • 6 Passport photos
  • PRC marriage certificates (originals) and ¹«Ö¤Êé (original)
  • PRC police certificate (original) and translation (original)
  • PRC birth certificate (original) and ¹«Ö¤Êé (original)
  • Medical forms (original, I guess we get this later?)
  • Additional documents to prove our relationship is legit.
  • Additional documents to prove I have maintained domicile in the US while living abroad (what is required for this, I don't see any mention of it in any of the instructions we've received so far...

Does that look right? What am I missing? Also, would you recommend we send off the stuff to GUZ right away, or wait until we've collected all the documents we'll need at the interview to send it in? I know it can sometimes be a while before the interview is assigned, and we've got most of the documents already anyway, but still need to track down her police certificate (should be easy enough) and birth certificate (might be a little difficult). But we don't want to delay the process....is it safe to send the package back to GUZ now and assume we'll have at least a month or too of leeway to get all the other stuff together?

You send DS-230 and the OF-169 along with copy of bio page from passport and mailing label as per the OF-169 instructions, do not send anything else, OF-169 specifically states that they WILL discard anything not requested to be sent to them.

Send the original DS-230 and OF-169, and bring a copy to the interview.

Gather all evidence requested by OF-169 and bring to the interview, including the I-864.

• 1 month later...

We are also ready to submit to GUZ.

Can one submit either the English pages or the Chinese pages of Form OF-169? Or has anyone ever had any problem because they didn't send *both* sets of pages?

They want the printed name in Pinyin and also in Chinese characters. But they don't say whether they want the signature to be Pinyin. I would think the Hanzi signature would be sufficient.

Thanks for your ideas.

Da Niao

We are also ready to submit to GUZ.

Can one submit either the English pages or the Chinese pages of Form OF-169? Or has anyone ever had any problem because they didn't send *both* sets of pages?

They want the printed name in Pinyin and also in Chinese characters. But they don't say whether they want the signature to be Pinyin. I would think the Hanzi signature would be sufficient.

Thanks for your ideas.

Da Niao

If English is well understood, then just sent the English pages of the OF-169

As for signature, sign it in the way that has always signed things, if Chinese script, Hanzi is the norm, sign that way, if pin-yin is the norm then sign in pin-yin.