A Trip to The iFactory:

A Trip to The iFactory: 'Nightline' Gets an Unprecedented Glimpse Inside Apple's Chinese Core

http://news.yahoo.com/trip-ifactory-nightline-gets-unprecedented-glimpse-inside-apples-001926196--abc-news.html

This was an interesting read for me. What caught my eye the most was a comment about a potential cause (at least one of many reasons) for the cluster suicides that occurred:

"We had many scholars here doing research. Of course some (suicide) has to do with the management. But they had more to do with the new generation of migrant workers from the rural areas, their state of mind and how they cope with society."

The reason this caught my eye is that yesterday I was talking with Lulu and particularly how country/rural folks adjust to not just the US but in China... and she essentially said the same thing which was mentioned above and gave me many examples... and went as far as to say that they can go 'crazy' because they have no 'comparisons' to make... she went on about this theory she has on the how chinese use comparisons to gauge an understanding on things but country/rural folks generally lack this exposure and then once exposed to situations for which they have no 'comparison', their world can come tumbling down...

I think some here have heard of stories of USCs who say their wives are 'crazy' and they are not just joking! Honestly, I had tried to formulate and articulate what I saw as the issue and Lulu pin-pointed it much better. Honestly, it's not that they are crazy, bipolar, or ready for anger management; It is that their world understanding (which is a microcosm) is shaking beyond what they can comprehend and they have no way of understanding how to handle it... Just one thought.

A Trip to The iFactory: 'Nightline' Gets an Unprecedented Glimpse Inside Apple's Chinese Core

http://news.yahoo.co...--abc-news.html

This was an interesting read for me. What caught my eye the most was a comment about a potential cause (at least one of many reasons) for the cluster suicides that occurred:

"We had many scholars here doing research. Of course some (suicide) has to do with the management. But they had more to do with the new generation of migrant workers from the rural areas, their state of mind and how they cope with society."

The reason this caught my eye is that yesterday I was talking with Lulu and particularly how country/rural folks adjust to not just the US but in China... and she essentially said the same thing which was mentioned above and gave me many examples... and went as far as to say that they can go 'crazy' because they have no 'comparisons' to make... she went on about this theory she has on the how chinese use comparisons to gauge an understanding on things but country/rural folks generally lack this exposure and then once exposed to situations for which they have no 'comparison', their world can come tumbling down...

I think some here have heard of stories of USCs who say their wives are 'crazy' and they are not just joking! Honestly, I had tried to formulate and articulate what I saw as the issue and Lulu pin-pointed it much better. Honestly, it's not that they are crazy, bipolar, or ready for anger management; It is that their world understanding (which is a microcosm) is shaking beyond what they can comprehend and they have no way of understanding how to handle it... Just one thought.

Interesting.... <_<