Documentation needed for China Trip?

Will my wife need anything else other than her Chinese Passport and US Resident Card when returning to China? Just want to make sure everything goes smoothly when she enters and exits China.

If name in passport does not match name on green-card, then having a photo copy of document showing how name changed such as a copy of marriage certificate is good to have handy.

My wife did not have issues when she last traveled to China using only her passport and green-card even though have differing names, Passport in maiden name, green-card with married name, and did not have copy of marriage cert.

Thanks.. My wife still has the same name but probably will want to change it when she returns. I'll bring along our marriage certificate just in case..

Probably would be a good time to do the name change legally at the time you file I-751 to remove conditions on a 2 year green-card. Or you can pay the extra $$ to file an I-90 to get name changed on green card if it is a 10 year card.

Other time to legally change name is when naturalizing, at that point can change name as part of the naturalization paperwork, would save on any fees involved in a legal name change, and to replace a green-card.

Thanks.. My wife still has the same name but probably will want to change it when she returns. I'll bring along our marriage certificate just in case..

Probably would be a good time to do the name change legally at the time you file I-751 to remove conditions on a 2 year green-card. Or you can pay the extra $$ to file an I-90 to get name changed on green card if it is a 10 year card.

Other time to legally change name is when naturalizing, at that point can change name as part of the naturalization paperwork, would save on any fees involved in a legal name change, and to replace a green-card.

Good Info.. Thanks. We will wait until she becomes a citizen.