Xiamen suggestions??

Things have gotten expensive - best to let your wife guide you to "her favorites". When you get hungry for Mexican or Italian - you need to go adjacent to the Marco Polo - Tutto Bene, Lake SHore etc...expect to pay just as much as you would in the US for the food - or MORE. Look on the Xiamen expat - website for all the advertisements - that's your guide to all the "back home food" --- but the best bet is to let the wife take you to the "holes" and pay 15 RMB for noodles etc. Remember - everything is expensive if you want "western style" or "Fancy Chinese".

(My favorites Shu You, on Hubin Bei Lu, but they have several around town...this one is the best. The second best one is Bai Lu Zhou in the middle of the park next to the Swan hotel. (Tian E). There are other favorites...Hubin Nan Lu ....has "Dong Bei Cai" (Mao Zhe Dong Fandian) ....these are all from memory...so I might be challenged in the PinYin spelling...but all the cab drivers and the Locals will know the places.

Now if you are young and CRAZY they moved all the big glitzy KTV's out on the shore past the University....have fun, you're mileage may very! Gu Long Yu (the island off the downtown) nice places to eat and stroll.....very expensive....but then again I usually just get a beer and an ice cream.

Have fun...sorry we're not in our house there...usually only a month or two each year.