resolving my red flag.

Yaun and I have one red flag in our application. We only knew each other for a few days before getting engaged. We both fell in love at first sight. The K1 application only has the information from the first visit. We will be providing a lot more information for the interview.

I have a second trip for proof of ongoing relationship with pictures of me with her family. And pictures of me with a couple of her friends. With all of the hotel receipts, toll receipts for the drive to her parents. Plus over 50 hours of skype video call logs, QQ chat logs. Yuan takes a screenshot of everyone of our skype chats, and we took a ton of pictures on both of the trips.

With all of the experience from the people here do you think that there is enough information to placate the CO. I know she will do well on the interview.

My only worry is the CO making up his/her mind before the interview.

Keeping your chat logs was a good move as it will further help whoever is overseeing your case, see the progression of the relationship (if they have time to review it).

The Consulate, as a arm of the Department of State (DOS) is tasked with deciding who gets a visa and on what grounds they get it.

Your petition is a request to DOS for a visa to grant a non-alien entry to the US and gain such privileges. On what evidence should they base their decision? 5 days in china? ok.. two trips... each 5 days.. In a hotel???? You want to submit a hotel receipt for visiting someone and they should get a visa?

Some of the other issues you mention are more a help but your not looking very good overall in geneal terms.

1. what city is her home town

2. any children by either side?

3. any marriage by either side, and when divorced?

4. what age by either side?

5. How is her english for talking in an interview at the consulate?

Have you already sent the petition to USCIS?

If yes... what can we possibly do for you...

I was thinking more along David's lines.

Also how did you meet?

Did you meet on line and had conversed for sometime before going over there to meet in person?

And as David said, have you already filed an I-129F petition? If so, there is not much you can do to strengthen your case, and in most cases the consulate will not ask for more evidence, as well as there is no way to provide additional evidence to USCIS.

The only hypathetical way to improve your petition before it gets to the consulate would be to withdraw the petition, wait a couple months, and then resubmit a new petition at additional cost with all evidence going back to fist meeting, the two trips, chat logs, sample emails, etc, bulding a stronger case, along with a letter explaining that first petition was in haste, and needed a little more time to build relationship before submitting the second petition.

Other option is roll the dice, see what happens at the interview, and in the worse case do like others have done, get married develop a better case and then file a spouse visa petition.

I was not trying to be so hard on the OP as I was trying to show realistically what we present to the consulate... as if we are entitled to a visa. Most of the time, they get applications which cause them to question why these two people are even together, let along asking for a visa.

I wish we could roll back time in most cases and get people to settle down and plan out the relationship over 1 year... like most normal folks do in the US... but for some reason, it is like a sprint race relationship.

Hope for the best and plan for the worse... prepare her for the interview which she faces alone.

FYI: Every, every few people have just ONE red flag... but it is good that one is honest about their situation and acknowledge it.

Edited by david_dawei (see edit history)

Yaun and I have one red flag in our application. We only knew each other for a few days before getting engaged. We both fell in love at first sight. The K1 application only has the information from the first visit. We will be providing a lot more information for the interview.

I have a second trip for proof of ongoing relationship with pictures of me with her family. And pictures of me with a couple of her friends. With all of the hotel receipts, toll receipts for the drive to her parents. Plus over 50 hours of skype video call logs, QQ chat logs. Yuan takes a screenshot of everyone of our skype chats, and we took a ton of pictures on both of the trips.

With all of the experience from the people here do you think that there is enough information to placate the CO. I know she will do well on the interview.

My only worry is the CO making up his/her mind before the interview.

:sweating_buckets: Well buddy, how do you like the responces you've gotten? Some of them would make you sweat bullets, eh?

Lookey here, there is "logically" speaking and there is "the real world antics of Guangzhou". David gave you some logic.....when you look at his logic it is clear and concise, who would give a visa with two five day trips.

But you, fortunately are dealing with the "reality" of the visa thugs in Guangzhou. In "their world" this whole thing is a freakin' CRAP SHOOT!!!

You've got as much chance at your girlfriend getting a visa as someone who spent 2 years and 10 month long trips. They can, and do, deny people with very "logical" timelines....and they give visas to women who met their man one dang time and got married on that 1st trip for Christsakes.

I went the K-1 route at first....hell, I had 4 trips and a total of 4 months with my girlfriend in the 10 months it took for our paperwork to make it to when we went to her interview. Had sent in a kitchen sink of evidence to support our bona fides, and I thought "logically" that we would have another 6 months of living in America to get to know each other well enough to marry. I didn't want to rush into some marriage. I wanted to be logical with my relationship. To me, getting a quickie marriage in Chinertucky after only knowing some gal from a few trips and lots of long distance calls and e-mails.....well sir, to me, that just wasn't very logical.

Bottom line man.....you've got as good of a shot at your girlfriend getting her visa as ANYONE. Logic is not in the vocabulary of the State Department workers in China....they give visas to women whose man got his actual divorce just days before the interview, women whose man made ONE 5 day trip to China and they married....the list goes on and on.

Trying to think in terms of "logic" when talking about visas given in Guangzhou, China....well, it's just not "logical".

The name of the game in Guangzhou is L U C K

Hang in there and stay positive.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

I'll go with Tsap on this one. ChunMei and I had corresponded and talked on Yahoo for a year before we first met in Hong Kong, and I proposed to her 4 days after we met physically. Spent 2 weeks with her, Went back again 6 months later because we missed each other, and then ran out of vacation time.

At that time I was in the middle of a 2 year long divorce process after 3 years of separation from my first wife. I filed the K-1 app a week after my divorce was finalized, and the entire process sailed through in 10 months with no problems.

Yet as Tsap says, others with much less problematic situations have been jerked around for years. So it is a crap shoot.