We are seeing Requests for More and More evidence - perhaps in reaction to the Obama administration trying to speed things along? - before approving dor AOS or forwarding to Guangzhou.

Think THICK - thicker than was previously necessary - when submitting both visa petitions and AOS applications.

Extra trip pictures and receipts, things like pictures of the two of you together with a newspaper headline, or address showing in the background.

Evidence which has been adequate in the past may not be anymore

I tend to think these climate changes occur with changes in the consulate's top dog. In any case, wanting more info is in the air.

The sad thing is that the proper and normal way to build a relationship is thrown out the window and we're stuck with making recommendations on how someone can 'prove' their relationship is valid. Best case is someone builds up their relationship like they would do given any other time in their life but now it is idealistic to advise.

If one can build the relationship and get more surety ... but still the advice to add worthwhile evidence is prudent. A 10lb petition is not necessarily 'better' than a 1 lb petition if all one is doing is sending every single chat. Variation is good, particularly for pictures.

I tend to think these climate changes occur with changes in the consulate's top dog. In any case, wanting more info is in the air.

The sad thing is that the proper and normal way to build a relationship is thrown out the window and we're stuck with making recommendations on how someone can 'prove' their relationship is valid. Best case is someone builds up their relationship like they would do given any other time in their life but now it is idealistic to advise.

If one can build the relationship and get more surety ... but still the advice to add worthwhile evidence is prudent. A 10lb petition is not necessarily 'better' than a 1 lb petition if all one is doing is sending every single chat. Variation is good, particularly for pictures.

But this is the USCIS here, David. Changes are occurring, possibly of a political nature. We've seen requests going BEYOND (or apparently repeating) what is normally necessary.

Your advice about relationship building is sound advice, both on the personal level and for the visa application. But the law is not concerned with the QUALITY of a relationship - just whether it is BONA-FIDE. Your approach tends to fit in with that since it helps provide more evidence of the bona-fides.

Of course, attention to the QUALITY, and not just the WEIGHT of the evidence provided is advisable. Submitting more TYPES of evidence would certainly be prudent, considering the current climate at USCIS.

GUZ likewise publishes a black & white list of what they "require"

http://www.chinafamilyvisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4194

I was informed by the lawyer today that CIS has orders to be more strict in deciding cases to be moved to GZ and even 2 year and 10 year cards.

. . .

We got an extension because the reviewing official didn't feel we had enough. We sent more than enough by standards of the past.

http://www.chinafamilyvisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4133&view=findpost&p=56407

I got 2 RFI's over our marriage certificate even when Marc Ellis thought I had sent the right stuff to begin with

Ok... I am a little confused...

You shared links at another website but not here... but want us to go to that website and see your links there.. ok... game played...

They do not state what kind of petition they are pressured to approve... If someONE comes to a website and says something... I cannot know if this is truly for the consulate in question or not... we need trend data...

So I am not sure if this is applicable or not.

Knowing you, this is trusted info... but I just do not know what is applicable to our situations here.

Just an alert. A simple reaction to the information would be to be more concious of what (quality-wise) and how much evidence you are submitting. One suggestion from the lawyer was to include (in an AOS application) a picture of the two of you in front of your house number - very simple and painless to accomodate.

There is no need to be "sure" at this point. A "trend" to you seems to be three people reporting similar experiences. This is only 2 - one AOS application, one I-130 petition. Being AWARE can help spot trends. Being prudent when submitting paperwork can stave off problems down the line.

The information from the lawyer seems to indicate a wider base. No, again - the information is for the USCIS, and does NOT seem to be GUZ-specific.

The news articles about the "pressure" seem to indicate visitors visas - the slowdown at CSC seems to indicate family and business/employment visas and AOS applications.

This quote is basically the reason I feel it merits attention

I was informed by the lawyer today that CIS has orders to be more strict in deciding cases to be moved to GZ and even 2 year and 10 year cards.
although I don't interpret that as meaning the order is GUZ-specific, and have no idea what "orders" he is referring to, unless it is related to the Obama administration's "goal" of improving visa-approval times. Edited by Randy W (see edit history)