Homework help

david_dawei

David you should have learned by now when to keep your opinions and literal truths to yerself. Lawd knows I sure have learned. :shutup: Next thing you know your wife will be telling you is you don't know squat about China. :lol:

She already tells me I know nothing about the US :lol:

Yeah I've dodged that tomato a few times myself. :tomato: :mobrun:

Don't be so sure about the mythical Santa, either.According to the quantum physicists, old Saint Nick may have been way ahead of his time. He makes all those deliveries in one night by bending space and time, and traveling about using wormholes. Who woulda thunk it? A Star Trek Santa. I betcha Spock knew about this all along. :D

True... if we fold space-time enough times, it will all stack up over itself and a single visit will be all that is needed B)

If I use a sentence with the word "law" in it... I'll get the 'stoopid' look, grunt and huff. :D

"law" is an English word - "common law" is different. It has more to do with customs. Isn't that what this topic is about?

习惯法婚姻

She may or may not appreciate the 法, but she should understand

B) :lol:

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

If I use a sentence with the word "law" in it... I'll get the 'stoopid' look, grunt and huff. :D

"law" is an English word - "common law" is different. It has more to do with customs. Isn't that what this topic is about?

Ï°¹ß·¨»éÒö

She may or may not appreciate the ·¨, but she should understand

I just mean whichever word she 'hears' first will produce the first reaction... my money is that the word "law" will get heard and she'll tune out the rest... and then I'm trying to explain the rest of the words, etc. Starting with another phrase might work better. I could then finish with the idea that we call this "common law".

Maybe I'll do a test run and see if I can explain that there really is a Santa :D

• 3 weeks later...

An update on the schooling issue...

We decided since the community college wanted to play the residency game and we technically do not have a china transcript showing she is done with 12th grade ... we decided to try and just get her into 12th grade here...

But they claim the rules here are that her break in school has been too long and it is too close to the end of the year that there is no way she can graduate and get a diploma... and due to her break in school plus her age (18), they can't accept her next year...

But this did lead to finding cheaper ESOL classes that one can walk to in about 30-40 minutes.

We will either try to get a chinese transcript when that school is over (we can't get it prior to school over), or we may have her try to get the G.E.D.