Wife traveling to China for New Year - papers needed?

ChunMei's going to China for a couple of weeks for New year. Unfortunately she's got to go at a time when her employers are going to Taiwan for New Year as well. but because of my job I can't go with her.

Our travel agent says that the airline tickets need to be in her maiden name because they must match her passport. What I would like to know is that since her Social Security card and her green card are in her married name, what other papers should she take with her so as to insure she can get back into the USA when she returns?

If it were me, I'd probably take our translated marriage license - just "in case" but I'm not sure you'll have a problem getting back across the US boarder. If she has a DL or state photo ID, that wouldn't hurt either. Again, I'm not sure all of this is needed, but on the chance that it is, the more documentation she can provide, the better.

I have to think that this isn't an uncommon scenario for boarder officers.

If it were me, I'd probably take our translated marriage license - just "in case" but I'm not sure you'll have a problem getting back across the US boarder. If she has a DL or state photo ID, that wouldn't hurt either. Again, I'm not sure all of this is needed, but on the chance that it is, the more documentation she can provide, the better.

I have to think that this isn't an uncommon scenario for boarder officers.

The problem occurs most often at the airport in China - airline personnel may try to prevent her boarding if the names don't match, A wedding license or a call for a supervisor is usually all that it takes.

My wife has flight tickets to match passport into China. Back into the US, they wanted to see her Green Card.The first time she went home, when she came back, She gave POE officials her old green card (maiden name) they did not accept, she brought it along to match passport. POE already had updated info, she also had the new card and they let her through.