To Marry in US or China First?

Do what's best for your situation as Randy suggests.

The ideal situation is to keep renewing the B2 and be married for 2 years or more before immigating to the US. The 2 years of marriage before entry on a CR1 is prefered as your next interaction with USCIS will be a renewal in 10 years with the occasional change of address. Believe me there is value in not having to jump through any additional hoops with USCIS, plus every time you file anything co$t$ way too much.

It just kills me to agree with Randy. :roller:

You're a big boy now, Lee. You can handle it! :P B)

It's tough, but grabbing my chest like Fred Sanford seemed to do the trick for all situations. That is until I did that in front of my wife as we walked out of Burberry's with her new purse and she offered to drop me off at the hospital on her way home. :D

• 4 months later...

Just a follow-up, the plan has worked out perfect so far - we applied for renewal of her B2 visa in early May, then got hitched in her home town after visa was in hand.

Now we've got that "time-in-service" clock ticking, should be good to go for 10 year green card after 2 years (or longer as whenever life takes me back to the US)!

Thanks again!

• Like 1