Someone here told me that with the CR-1 Visa the beneficiary will have a green card before entry to the US. We don't seem to have one. The immigration officer at the LA airport just told me to make sure we follow the instructions on the paperwork in the immigration package. From what I see it is just instructing us to change her status before she is here two years.

Also does she need the usually vaccinations with a CR-1?

As always...thanks for your help!

Take a close look at the Visa, note the I-551 notation located at the bottom edge of the visa, the Visa along with the POE endorsement stamp serves as a temp 1 year green-card until the actual hard card shows up in the mail after arriving in the USA, the Visa+Endorsement stamp allows travel, and work..

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/userpics/99033/cr-1_a.jpg

Note Green-card (Residency status) begins at the POE when arriving with a CR-1 visa for the first time..

One other point in some cases, a person was married less than two years when interviewed, however exceed 2 years of marriage by time they actually enter the USA, if this is the case show proof of two years of marriage to the POE officer, and the resulting green-card should be coded IR-1 for a 10 year unconditional status green-card.

Vaccinations are a requirement before the consulate will issue an Immigrant visa, so this is done.. However of the series were only started, and a booster is needed to be completely vaccinated, it would be in best interest to compleat them in the USA or get tested for immunity, If your spouse wishes to attend a college for an ESL class perhaps, the college will require proof of full vaccinations or immunity.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)