Travel to UK and Europe

griz326

I've got a new boss and will apparently go to meet him in the new year. I've got my passport and am golden; however, I'd like to take a few extra days while over there and let Lao Po see London, Paris, and perhaps Rome.

Can she travel through Europe without visa on her Green Card? Or does she need to get visas for each location? My guess is that with the formation of the EU, there would be just one visa, but even that may be unnecessary (I hope).

Anyone know?

TIA

She will need a couple visas before going there.

Will need a visa for the UK.

http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/visiting-uk/visas/

Will need one for the European Union.

http://www.immihelp.com/visas/schengenvisa/

One big reason my wife and I have put off travel to Europe until after she becomes a US Citizen.

Hell's bells! I hoped that it would be easier than that :(

Could always go for the UK visa first, and while in the UK, see about the EU visa while visiting the UK.

http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/visiting-uk/visas/

http://www.immihelp.com/visas/schengenvisa/

One big reason my wife and I have put off travel to Europe until after she becomes a US Citizen.

That's the same reason we're waiting as well. For now, Jing2 and I are planning a trip up to Niagra.

That's the same reason we're waiting as well. For now, Jing2 and I are planning a trip up to Niagra.

Hey, if and when you do make that trip, pleas let me know! The falls ARE in my back yard.

Also if doing the falls, you may consider making a trip up to Toronto, there are several Chinese neighborhoods in that metro area.

Also if planning a trip to Niagara here is a deal that just came up in my email: One- or Two-Night Stay for Two in a Guest Room or Suite at The Red Coach Inn in New York

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Hey, if and when you do make that trip, pleas let me know! The falls ARE in my back yard.

Also if doing the falls, you may consider making a trip up to Toronto, there are several Chinese neighborhoods in that metro area.

Also if planning a trip to Niagara here is a deal that just came up in my email: One- or Two-Night Stay for Two in a Guest Room or Suite at The Red Coach Inn in New York

Defintely, will do. We're tyring to plan around her trips to China and school, but yes, we are going to make it up there. The falls are something I've always wanted to see.

Apparently, the UK visa is pretty easily had with enough $$$ and a trip in for biometrics...AGAIN!

The EU visa to the Schengen countries requires an interview.

It's certainly worth a try to see if you can hop across the channel without much difficult.

We'll see.

Apparently, the UK visa is pretty easily had with enough $$ and a trip in for biometrics...AGAIN!

The EU visa to the Schengen countries requires an interview.

It's certainly worth a try to see if you can hop across the channel without much difficult.

We'll see.

Yep, it looks fairly straight forward, have to pay a fee to a USCIS ASC to do that biometrics much the same as my wife has had to do 3 times in buffalo for immigrations, and then send the application, BIO receipt, and passport to a UK Consulate here in the USA.

Same support center your wife had to go to when filed for I-751.

The EU Shengen visa is quite easy to get and is valid in almost all mainland EU countries (but NOT the UK). We got one a couple of years ago and traveled through Germany, France and Italy. We're about to do it again so she can accompany me on another upcoming business trip.

You apply for the visa through the consulate of whichever country you'll be entering first. In our case that was Germany, and luckily Germany has a consulate official here in Seattle authorized to conduct the visa interview. The package still gets mailed to consulate in SF for issuance of visa, but at least we didn't have to travel there.

With the visa in hand we had no trouble traveling around mainland EU countries.

The EU Shengen visa is quite easy to get . . .

You apply for the visa through the consulate of whichever country you'll be entering first. . .

They told me that Lao Po would need to be interview at the consulate in Washington, DC which wouldn't be very easy. :(

The EU Shengen visa is quite easy to get . . .

You apply for the visa through the consulate of whichever country you'll be entering first. . .

They told me that Lao Po would need to be interview at the consulate in Washington, DC which wouldn't be very easy. :(

Perhaps you can be more selective about which is the first country of entry? e.g., Austria, France, or Belgium may allow her to interview in Seattle.

If Germany is the first country being visited, you can interview in Seattle. It is not a well published fact, and I can't even remember how I found out the first time. But I know it works... we've done it before... and I just yesterday talked with the "Honorary Consul" here and scheduled appointment for interview to do it again.

You'd be welcome to PM me for contact information...