scheduling medical exams

Hi - I'm working on the details for next week with my fiancee -- her interview is on Wednesday, doc-intake Tuesday. If we arrive in Guangzhou on Monday, does that give us enough time to have the medical tests done? If no, can we schedule them for Saturday, or does it have to be the Friday before? I know there have been a number of posts on this topic before... but looking for guidance given our particular schedule. Many thanks again to every.

Should be. You can call the hospital to make sure. My wife arrived on a Monday and finished her medical that day. Most hospitals offer one day processing for a nominal fee

You would have to arrive awfully early in the morning, typically you need to be at the med center when they open at 8am to get expedited same day service.

Another option is get the med done Monday, and pick the results up Tuesday morning when they open, and bring to consulate by Noon for document take in.

Also it is highly recommended to get a FULL medical + Vaccinations record done and get the DS-3025 Vaccinations record sealed in a separate envelope, for later use in the USA when adjusting status, this WILL save you BIG hassles in the USA getting an I-693 done for adjustment of status, NO I-693 needed when you have a sealed copy of DS-3025. SEE: http://candleforlove...-and-the-i-693/ (Look ahead to what will come next after getting the visa..)

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Yes, it seems one can go later in the day and not have to pay extra anymore for same day (at least at the GZ United Family Clinic). But recommend going as early as possible in case you find you need to do or get something but the medicals are so much easier now.

Just bring P4 letter, passport, passport pictures. (actually this is for CR1; if K1, someone can correct this as needed).

Edited by david_dawei (see edit history)