How well are you able to communicate with your spouse?

I learned Mandarin, but not as fast as Aiwen learned English. Since receiving her medical license(nurse) 2 years ago, she's really improved. My Mandarin is good enough I can get around alone in China, and talk fairly freely with my Chinese family members, of which there are approximately 6 million(grin). My vocabulary is still not great, but good enough to communicate most things. I am still studying to get better and improve my vocabulary, as I feel that I owe it to my Wife to make the best effort I can to learn her language. After all, she left all she knew, and her family, to come to America and take me for her husband. Could I do the same, if the circumstances were reversed? Ask yourself that question, guys....imagine being dropped into a strange land, you don't speak the language very well, and everyday things are baffling...a totally different way of life. Would you work as hard to assimilate as your Chinese wife is doing in the USA?

I am amazed at her dedication to her studies, of English as well as medicine. And she still manages to treat me like a king and look out for me at every turn. My Wife is an amazing person, and I love her all the more every day.

We met by chance, but are together as we were fated to be....

ling learned basic English very fast and taught me all the Putonghua I need to know ÄãÊÇÎÒÀϰ壬ÄãÊǶԵģ¬ÎÒ´íÁË¡£ you are my boss, you are right, I am wrong, what more does a married man need to know ?

That certainly sums it up here as well. <_<