Stalled Removal of Conditions for 10 Year GC

Not sure how to address this issue. I based my ROC package on the pinned topics on the forum. We received biometrics appointment and went about 2 weeks ago. Today I get this blue page from USCIS asking for more information showing joint ownership of property, insurance, and financials.

The problem is for the past few years we have been living at the poverty level. I've only managed to land contract and temp positions and my wife has worked a few months as a care provider for the elderly. Since she has arrived we have not been able to afford medical or life insurance.

Basically we've been living off savings, sold off investments, and being as frugal as possible.

Our residence is owned by my family, so we pretty much live here as caretakers with no rent or mortgage. Most bills with our home address are in my name.

We have a joint savings/checking account, she is on my main credit card and both of us also have solo savings accounts.

Should I just write a letter and resend more bills and information as per the request or should I send it in and then ask for an info pass appointment?

It was a struggle just to manage the filing fee for Removal of Conditions and to travel for the second bio. I thought we would be called in for an interview again, just like we did for the 2 year green card, but instead we get this letter.

What do you all feel is the best way to approach and solve this situation? I realize that the lack of rent/mortgage and lack of health insurance are valid concerns for USCIS, but if we paid for health insurance for all this time we would be on the streets, just like if we had a large mortgage or rent payment it would be the same deal.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated as usual. Thanks all.

Edited by dnoblett
Not adjusting status is Removal of Conditions (see edit history)

You need to provide them more evidence of living together, they need to see a picture of being a married couple.

They are giving you suggestions, you do not not need to use the suggestions as absolute requirements.

In my case we do not have joint ownership of property, we included in our I-751

• Copies of Joint IRS returns.
  • Copies of joint Checking / Savings account statements
  • Copies of Joint credit cards
  • Copies of bills attending college showing our home address.
  • Some photos from vacations together.
  • Notarized letters from good friends attesting to our marriage.

My wife is on my medical insurance, that is automatic with my employer, however I did not send this info to USCIS, medical insurance is NOT a requirement.

Joint checking and savings accounts are expected, vs solo accounts. They want to see commingling of finances.

Also you had me confused when indication AOS package, for most of your post I was thinking you never adjusted status after marriage. AOS = filing an I-485 adjust status from NON-Immigrant to Immigrant, getting a 2 or 10 year green-card. Removal of Conditions = filing an I-751 to remove conditions from a 2 year card getting a 10 year card. A conditional resident is still a Lawful Permanent Resident, just one with conditions, their status is still LPR, so are not adjusting status when removing conditions.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Whoops. Yes it is removal of conditions. I sent them a ton of evidence. All the things you pointed out as well as pictures with family and friends for the past few years. In fact, I even sent in my wife's mother's passport and visa because she has been visiting us the past few months and included those pictures as well.

I have no idea why I got this request for more information. Guess I'll just dig up more bills and resend stuff in as requested.

Send more of the same, as for insurance, does spouse drive? I spouse on your auto policy?

Also things showing same address,

• Copies of driver's license or state ID cards from both.
  • Bills in both names
  • Letters addressed to same address.
  • etc...

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)