Slow down at CSC?

Saw a political ad on CNN yesterday asking people to push for a slow down on immigration "until America is working again..."... any political undertoe at work??

Maybe they wanted to bring down the number of approved applications for 2011 so that it doesn't look so bad for the administration in the immigration debate for the campaign year?

Edited by Lee VD (see edit history)
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a political ad on CNN yesterday asking people to push for a slow down on immigration "until America is working again..."... any political undertoe at work??

Maybe they wanted to bring down the number of approved applications for 2011 so that it doesn't look so bad for the administration in the immigration debate for the campaign year?

Not that I'd be surprised that politicians would use our lives for political chess pieces, but incompetence seems more likely given that VSC doesn't seem to be having any serious issues. Their volume is more or less normal, or at least within trend.

It seems according to some other sites processing at the California Service Center has slowed to a virtual crawl. Lucky me, I was oddly sent there. Has anyone gotten through there who filed on or about late July?

I'm in the same boat. My I130 was sent to California Service Center. My NOA1 has a date stamped July 14, 2011. I am still waiting for NOA2. I have gone to their website and check my case status online. It says it is still pending. I will call them and fine out my status next week. It will be about 6 months then.

It seems according to some other sites processing at the California Service Center has slowed to a virtual crawl. Lucky me, I was oddly sent there. Has anyone gotten through there who filed on or about late July?

I'm in the same boat. My I130 was sent to California Service Center. My NOA1 has a date stamped July 14, 2011. I am still waiting for NOA2. I have gone to their website and check my case status online. It says it is still pending. I will call them and fine out my status next week. It will be about 6 months then.

I'd call today to be honest. They haven't approved anyone that wasn't obviously military or probably what would have been DCF in nearly a month.

But they're working so hard!!!

Lies... damned dirty lies...

The unfortunate thing for both of us is that even though there is no movement at all, they'll just hide behind 'standard processing time' and refuse to even look up the case...

I called the toll free number on Jan 6, 2011. Gave them my receipt number WAC???????? and the date of the NOA1. First he said it takes 5 month for the NOA2, the next step. Fpr my case it was still pending. I then told them it's almost 6 months. I was placed on hold for about 2 mins. He then tells me the 5 months is an estimate time frame. They are currently working on cases from May 16 to June 16, 2011. he doesn't know when they will get my case. If I had to guess, I would say it will take about another 1.5 months to get to my case since I'm at the end of the month for July.

==========================================================================================================

I entered some info on their website for status. This is what came out.

USCIS National Goal - 5.0 Month(s)

USCIS National Average - 5.5 Month(s)

California Service Center - 5.0 Month(s)

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/ProcTimes.do

I called the toll free number on Jan 6, 2011. Gave them my receipt number WAC???????? and the date of the NOA1. First he said it takes 5 month for the NOA2, the next step. Fpr my case it was still pending. I then told them it's almost 6 months. I was placed on hold for about 2 mins. He then tells me the 5 months is an estimate time frame. They are currently working on cases from May 16 to June 16, 2011. he doesn't know when they will get my case. If I had to guess, I would say it will take about another 1.5 months to get to my case since I'm at the end of the month for July.

==========================================================================================================

I entered some info on their website for status. This is what came out.

USCIS National Goal - 5.0 Month(s)

USCIS National Average - 5.5 Month(s)

California Service Center - 5.0 Month(s)

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/ProcTimes.do

Of course, they've been singing that 16May - 16June song now for at least 2 months, getting on three months now. I've been convinced for a while that they're barely working on I-130s at all for some reason. It's fairly easy to see when comparing their processing volume for periods prior to mid-June to those for all months after that.

Day 168... various information indicates that CSC processed a pathetic 97 petitions per day on average over the last two weeks. I suppose that partly explains their excuses and refusal to move the date from 16June. I'm starting to think our only hope for getting processed before the end of January (Day 183) is an expedite. Who would have thought an expedite would be needed to get them to process a petition already a month out of time?

I'm starting to think my hopes for a January/February interview are getting pretty dim. :(

Your completely still within the expected timeframe. If it gets to 4 months since sending to USCIS then your having a bit of a delay. But I think a January interview is not realistic; as you have shown in your timeline, March is probably a good bet.

Funny, back in October it seemed January was at least a possibility and March was the latest. As things stand now, we're looking at April if not May/June.

***This is a cross post from another forum***

Holy crap!!

I actually got a lady who cared and put in a service request '16June' or no '16June'!

Who knows what will come of it.. she said that if I don't hear anything in 15 days to email back at a given address. It may result in nothing more than 'Wait your turn', but at least she didn't just blow me off. http://static-forums.visajourney.com/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

For future reference, her name was Rosa and her BadgeID number was G674402.

I don't know if you can request to speak to a particular person when you can, but if you can, asking for her would probably help.

With that in mind, anyone who is at or beyond 5 months, call immediately. Maybe there is some small chance we can wake CSC up?

I'm starting to think my hopes for a January/February interview are getting pretty dim. sad.gif

Your completely still within the expected timeframe. If it gets to 4 months since sending to USCIS then your having a bit of a delay. But I think a January interview is not realistic; as you have shown in your timeline, March is probably a good bet.

Funny, back in October it seemed January was at least a possibil

ity and March was the latest. As things stand now, we're looking at April if not May/June.

What do you mean by April it not May/June....You still have other things to worry about and to send in before anything else.

Edited by William Lee (see edit history)

What do you mean by April it not May/June....You still have other things to worry about and to send in before anything else.

I meant back in October it looked like March was a pretty safe bet for an interview. However, the way CSC has been processing so far it is now looking April at the soonest, if not as late as May/June.

No matter how prepared I am for the various NVC bits, if I can't get out of USCIS then it doesn't matter.

• 2 weeks later...

After prodding by my Congressman's immigration people, CSC has finally processed our paperwork at Day 175...

Now to take the fight to NVC...

USCIS+10 Days, and NVC still says they have no record of the case and haven't received it from USCIS.

My NOA2 just arrived. The timestamp is Jan 23, 2012. It seems like you, foobaz123, took less time than my process at USCIS for NOA1 to NOA2. July 14 2011 to Jan 23, 2012.