Slow down at CSC?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are you getting "no case found" from NVC?

You call NVC and talk to a person, or just checking with their automated system? The Automated stsrem tracks only I-130 cases, not I-129F cases.

Only way to get a responce from NVC in I-129F cases si to speak to a person, or email NVC.

To reach the National Visa Center call: 603-334-0700 or e-mail: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

You call NVC and talk to a person, or just checking with their automated system? The Automated stsrem tracks only I-130 cases, not I-129F cases.

Only way to get a responce from NVC in I-129F cases si to speak to a person, or email NVC.

To reach the National Visa Center call: 603-334-0700 or e-mail: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Both the automated system and a person. We're on an I-130. :)

However, I just called about 45 minutes ago and they now report that the petition is in the building but not yet entered into the system. So, hopefully the NVC ball finally gets moving now. :)

Now I'm trying to track down all the NVC EP information and what not that I need. I think I'd die if I somehow screwed up the OPTIN! :D

Both the automated system and a person. We're on an I-130. :)

However, I just called about 45 minutes ago and they now report that the petition is in the building but not yet entered into the system. So, hopefully the NVC ball finally gets moving now. :)

Now I'm trying to track down all the NVC EP information and what not that I need. I think I'd die if I somehow screwed up the OPTIN! :D

I have an extensive thread posted all about EP pinned here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37703-i29fk3-changes-and-nvc-electronic-processing-for-i-130cr1/

I also called the National Visa Center 603-334-0700 using the automated system. Case not found yet. The time that I called was 11:10am PST Feb 1, 2012. My case is for I-130.

I wouldn't pay any, or at least not much, attention to the AVR. Apparently it can take several days to update and in rare cases may never update. It seems it is far better to talk to an operator even if that means staying on hold for a while. :)

As I posted a moment ago, I have my case number now. The AVR still says "No Record of your Petition."

I also called the National Visa Center 603-334-0700 using the automated system. Case not found yet. The time that I called was 11:10am PST Feb 1, 2012. My case is for I-130.

I wouldn't pay any, or at least not much, attention to the AVR. Apparently it can take several days to update and in rare cases may never update. It seems it is far better to talk to an operator even if that means staying on hold for a while. :)

As I posted a moment ago, I have my case number now. The AVR still says "No Record of your Petition."

I just called them at 1:00PM PST. First check the AVR and no record. Then I called again and press "5" to talk with an operator. After waiting for about 15 minutes, I finally got to an operator. He said NVC just got my records today, He gave me the case number after asking some questions. Told me there was some missing info, strange. What was missing and I later added, was my email address and my phone number,

I asked him can I go ahead with the DS-3032 ( Choice of Agent ). I told him I was planning to email the DS-3032 to my wife and she will forward ( email ) it to NVC. Everything else will NOT be done electronically. In other words by regular mail. He said he doesn't know and wait for instructions in about 2-3 weeks. Anyway, I am planning to email the DS-3032 later today to my wife.

thanks for the info to call them instead of AVR. It has been two weeks already after NOA2.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I just called them at 1:00PM PST. First check the AVR and no record. Then I called again and press "5" to talk with an operator. After waiting for about 15 minutes, I finally got to an operator. He said NVC just got my records today, He gave me the case number after asking some questions. Told me there was some missing info, strange. What was missing and I later added, was my email address and my phone number,

I asked him can I go ahead with the DS-3032 ( Choice of Agent ). I told him I was planning to email the DS-3032 to my wife and she will forward ( email ) it to NVC. Everything else will NOT be done electronically. In other words by regular mail. He said he doesn't know and wait for instructions in about 2-3 weeks. Anyway, I am planning to email the DS-3032 later today to my wife.

thanks for the info to call them instead of AVR. It has been two weeks already after NOA2.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm curious, why would you not do the full electronic process?

I planning to give 3 years of income tax returns alone with 3 years of transcripts. The income tax returns are about 50-60 pages for each year, planning to include both state and Fed. It gives a more detail information on what assets I have than the transcripts. The transcripts are only a few pages. I am currently not working, NO W2 for 9 years. I need to show more assets which I have. I don't think my tax account has PFD files for my returns.

It would take me too much time to scan everything into PDF files.I have not gotten to reading or investigating what to do next exactly. So, I DON'T know if need to include the taxes returns, and other information, alone with the AOS ( I-485) and DS-230, etc. I need to study what to do next and I might end up doing everything electronically.

I also noticed some documents has to be original and NOT copies. So scanning a document is a copy and not a original.

This link is for

Documents the Applicant Must Submit to the NVC

http://travel.state..../info_3195.html

You SCAN the original, and send a pdf file to the NVC. The original must then be available for the interview.

http://travel.state..../info_5163.html

Be able to submit all forms electronically (no paper copies will be accepted).

Any paper correspondence (from someone enrolled in the electronic processing) is likely to be discarded.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I also noticed some documents has to be original and NOT copies. So scanning a document is a copy and not a original.

This link is for

Documents the Applicant Must Submit to the NVC

http://travel.state..../info_3195.html

Ah, William ol' buddy, "document turn in day" ....the afternoon of the day before the actual interview day.....that day was added so people who shaved months off of their wait by using electronic processing could turn in their "original" documents.

I had a ton of documents I had to use to prove my Veterans Administration service connected disability pay. I'm stupider than Tom Konts dawg when it comes to computers but found putting everything into PDF files was easier than easy and I got us through the NVC in less than 3 weeks...start to finish. Had the interview on the forth week.

Good luck with whatever method you use to navigate the NVC with. Electronic processing was the most fun part of the whole thing to me.....we waited 8 months to get the NOA2 from USCIS....then, when I actually had some sort of control, we raced through NVC. It was actually fun.

tsap seui

Agreed with Tsap. So far the NVC EP process is going like gang busters.

6Feb - GUZ case number assigned (after calling every day for it)

7Feb - hammered through EP registration

Today - pushing through AOS bits.

However long it would take to scan the documents to PDF, it would be worth it to save the 'no kidding we're not joshing you' multiple months of delays using the paper method. It isn't just the slowness of mailing things to NVC you must be concerned with, but the huge delay getting them from NVC to GUZ. Last I read, that was weighing in around at least three months of extra delays. That doesn't even count reducing the NVC portion from two or more months down to a period best measured in days.

In the worst case, take it to kinkos and toss a few bucks at them to mass scan and covert for you :)

Edited by foobaz123 (see edit history)