Minor setback, I think

Got a letter from DHS yesterday saying I hadn't submitted an I-864 with our post-marriage AOS application! Fortunately I'd made a complete copy of the original packet I'd submitted, and yes, the I-864 was in it. So I printed off another copy, printed a fresh signature page and signed it (wasn't taking the chance they wouldn't accept the photocopied signature) and mailed it off this morning.

I didn't send another copy of the past three years 1040 tax forms with it because they were also included in the original submission. I included a cover letter to that effect. Hope they didn't lose the damn tax forms, too. Maybe I should have sent them, but I don't like the idea of sending copies of sensitive data like that through the mail uinless absolutely necessary.

ChunMei has her biometrics taken this coming Thursday, and now she worries that they won't do it because of the "missing" paperwork.

Got a letter from DHS yesterday saying I hadn't submitted an I-864 with our post-marriage AOS application! Fortunately I'd made a complete copy of the original packet I'd submitted, and yes, the I-864 was in it. So I printed off another copy, printed a fresh signature page and signed it (wasn't taking the chance they wouldn't accept the photocopied signature) and mailed it off this morning.

I didn't send another copy of the past three years 1040 tax forms with it because they were also included in the original submission. I included a cover letter to that effect. Hope they didn't lose the damn tax forms, too. Maybe I should have sent them, but I don't like the idea of sending copies of sensitive data like that through the mail uinless absolutely necessary.

ChunMei has her biometrics taken this coming Thursday, and now she worries that they won't do it because of the "missing" paperwork.

More than likely their scanner ate the form and they just need a new one. Certainly no worries.