Greencard Update

Returned home to find Mei's GC in the mailbox.

For data points: Filed 6/09. NOA date 6/13. RFE 6/27. Called and replied 7/10.Original biometrics 7/08 moved to 7/22. Transfered to CSC 7/27. Approved 9/01. NOA date 9/13. Received card 9/17.

So I am pleasantly surprised that the process took 2.5 months with a couple holidays, RFE and moved biometrics date. What I guess can skew things is I noticed something about Expedited Service. I did not research or pursue, but I am sure anyone using that service would pay more and have a faster result.

What really surprises me is that I checked the USCIS site everyday and I thought/read and which also makes sense to me is that each time a case is handled/touched the bar code is scanned and which automatically updates the site. But that did not happen in our case. Of course, I have read before that the updates don't come. But I do not understand why? You would think they would scan and the scanned result would be tied to the update site.

And Marc, you maybe able to see the touches/updates better than I. So unless you talk to someone that can see the status of your case, it may already be approved like ours and soon you will be notified...keeping my fingers crossed for you both.

So obviously, our case was decided on 9/1, but I did not see anything until 9/14, saying card in production with an NOA date of 9/13. A little puzzled but feeling fortunate.

Go Marc and Rosie!

Edited by Henry and Mei (see edit history)

Note Expidite service of an I-485 is for employment based AOS, not for family based AOS.

Thanks, Tsap. With all the possible hiccups, it never really seems real until it is in your hands. I am surprised that the card did still have Green on it.

And I figured there was a catch on the Expidited service. Thanks for letting me know, so I did not waste time pursuing.

Thanks again....until later

Henry

Note Expidite service of an I-485 is for employment based AOS, not for family based AOS.

Thanks, Tsap. With all the possible hiccups, it never really seems real until it is in your hands. I am surprised that the card did still have Green on it.

And I figured there was a catch on the Expidited service. Thanks for letting me know, so I did not waste time pursuing.

Henry

Is known as "Premium Processing" http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=971b60657dd68210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

As for Expedite of a I-485, the only thing I see is if the immigrant qualifies for certain SSI benefits.. http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=8e0f54dbed15a110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Henry

Yep, when it's in your hands you can breathe again. :lol:

I've got a photo copy of lil' rabbit's 10 year card and the paper it came attached to on the wall above my computer.

Every so often lil' rabbit grabs one of my ears and leads me to the photo copy, puts one hand on her hip and in her most authoratative voice says..."You see my 10 year card? You no nice to me, I tell you bye bye." :lol:

I bow, and chant a mantra to that card every morning. :D

That, and the SS card photo beside it.

tsap seui

I don't get no respect I tells ya.

See Tsap, I knew we had things in common. It has only been a couple of days now, but I too have a photocopy of her GC above my computer. I pay homage to all the effort to achieve.

And yes, someday I may curse that card, but until then I hope we all live the dream!

Good luck to you! And you ever make it out of the cool Mountains and head to the hot Mid-coast. Give us a ring and we can share a beverage of choice as I slow cook a brisket and watch our wives in action. Get a lot humor just watching her in ACTION!

Gan bei

See Tsap, I knew we had things in common. It has only been a couple of days now, but I too have a photocopy of her GC above my computer. I pay homage to all the effort to achieve.

And yes, someday I may curse that card, but until then I hope we all live the dream!

Good luck to you! And you ever make it out of the cool Mountains and head to the hot Mid-coast. Give us a ring and we can share a beverage of choice as I slow cook a brisket and watch our wives in action. Get a lot humor just watching her in ACTION!

Gan bei

It's a trip watching thee gals talkin' 200 milers an hour when they get together, or on the phone with each other...a guy needs gan bei just to try and keep up with the action. :P

Green card? I don't know why they call it that...I feel like I've got a dang axe hangin' over my neck. :lol:

tsap seui

We've had a lot of fun with that card.

Gan bei

It's a trip watching thee gals talkin' 200 milers an hour when they get together, or on the phone with each other...a guy needs gan bei just to try and keep up with the action. :P

Green card? I don't know why they call it that...I feel like I've got a dang axe hangin' over my neck. :lol:

tsap seui

We've had a lot of fun with that card.

Isn't that the truth. And what is also amazing about this is that a lot of the times they all are talking at this speed. My wife has been doing massage with a couple of ladies and sometimes they come over and spend the evening/night. They never stop talking...simply amazing

And I thought I talked fast. When I was at the AF Academy, I was also on the National Debate squad. They would record our debates and also time how many words we could say in a minute. There were different time limits on each "speech", but I would average around 350 words per minute gusting to 400. Many times these gals surpass that...and for hours :D

Makes you think how much time they spend talking about us....scary stuff

Oh and thanks, Dan. After reading the info, I do remember something about this. So Thanks and a good read. Wow another $1225 for fast employment processing...and a nice guarantee of 15 days...wow...no wonder, they do not do this for family based although I do not think many would pay, but who knows

Edited by Henry and Mei (see edit history)