She got the greencard, snatched it outta my hands and

Congrats Wenyan

Thanks David.

I remember you and your wife very well. Your wife's interview was on the exact same day as my wife's original interview...

26 July 2007

It's been awhile. :)

tsap seui

and.....as long as she does not know how to jump on the motorbike and take off you'll probably be all right.

hog calling in Berkeley Springs, WV, mighty near Pennsyltucky

"within 24 hours she's got her translator out giving me a hard time and crackin' on me..."

I caught an unforgettable image from that!

Hey Robert....yep Berkley Springs is jes a hop, skip, and a spit away from us'in here in Bedford. It's a pretty cool lil' town with lots of artsy, hippie, types. Pretty similar to Bedford in many ways. Lots of tourists in the summer and fall.

Fall Foliage Festival is coming up soon here. They close off the center of the borough and people set up their stands on two weekends. You wanna hear some music, buy yoreself a nice tye-die T-shirt or folk art object, etc, then this is the place to be.

I hope your "image" was a happy playful one as that is the way Winnie's hard time and crackin'on me has been, with lots of laughter. :lol:

Have you done anymore thinkin' about movin' to Chinertucky? :)

tsap seui

Tsap, what with my 60th birthday in my rearview mirror for a couple of years, my synapses, what few I didn't burn out in the 60's, ain't firin' as good as they used to. And as for dendrites, they are nothing more than a fond memory, a wisp in the fading light of yesteryear. Anyway, I say all this because it just dawned on me that a number of years ago, maybe late 70's, I drove right through Bedford County. I was on my way to Vermont for a winter vacation, but took a side trip up through the neck of Maryland and on into Pennsyltucky. I was doing a story for a long defunct regional magazine that hired me free-lance and paid me well. The story was on the Whiskey Rebellion, which as I recall, took place in your neck of the woods there. I visited a place where George Washington quartered his troops. The other thing I remember, at least I think it was in Bedford, was a building that looked like a huge coffee pot. It looked mightly weird as there was about two feet of snow on the ground and sitting on top of the white blanket was this huge coffee pot. Was that in Bedford, or did I hallucinate all that? :blink:

Tsap, what with my 60th birthday in my rearview mirror for a couple of years, my synapses, what few I didn't burn out in the 60's, ain't firin' as good as they used to. And as for dendrites, they are nothing more than a fond memory, a wisp in the fading light of yesteryear. Anyway, I say all this because it just dawned on me that a number of years ago, maybe late 70's, I drove right through Bedford County. I was on my way to Vermont for a winter vacation, but took a side trip up through the neck of Maryland and on into Pennsyltucky. I was doing a story for a long defunct regional magazine that hired me free-lance and paid me well. The story was on the Whiskey Rebellion, which as I recall, took place in your neck of the woods there. I visited a place where George Washington quartered his troops. The other thing I remember, at least I think it was in Bedford, was a building that looked like a huge coffee pot. It looked mightly weird as there was about two feet of snow on the ground and sitting on top of the white blanket was this huge coffee pot. Was that in Bedford, or did I hallucinate all that? :blink:

Mick, you have indeed been to Bedford. The coffee pot has been moved across the street from where it once sat. Yes, the Wiskey Rebellion was just west of us and George came and put it down.

I worked on some renovations to a house here that George Washington stayed in as teh Rebellion was being mopped up and put down. On it's very steps is where he turned in his commision as teh leaders of the Army and left from here to assume the presidency.

Bedford was estabilished in the mid 1700's and for quite awhile it was known as the point west in America where civilization stopped. There is an old fort here and a small settlement of what the old community looked like way back when. People still find cannonballs in their backyards from time to time from when the fort's soldiers fought off Indians and I guess the French. Lots of tourists come around as there is an awful lot of early American history here. We've also got the Bedford Springs which just got renovated by Omni. Presidents from the 1800's on up used to come to the Springs for their summers.

The little borough is surrounded by mountains and like I've said so many times, everywhere you go is a beautiful drive...go to the grocery store, its a beautiful drive. Go to get gas, it's a beautiful drive. This afternoon I'm taking the family for a lil' tiki-tour as the Kiwi's say and going to show them some hollars, mountain peak roads with dramatic views as far as you can see, and finish up at Lake Shawnee. And the winters aren't too rough as the mountain range to the west of us usually makes the clouds dumb their snow in Sommerset...we may get a few inches and they get 2 feet. :lol:

Two hours from DC or Baltimore yet a whole nother world here, or as the Washington Post printed it a few years ago...."Bedford County, Pa...100 miles and 100 years away from Washington."

Bedford is far from the only nice place to live in America, but housing is cheap, taxes low, and it's as laid back as you want or choose to make it. A great place to retire to. Wenyan and Fengqi are loving how nice the people are and how beautiful the mountains are. After just 3 weeks here, I'd like to hear their comments if they went to Chinertucky next week. :lol:

Glad you took the effort to come through the lil' borough way back when, looks likey you didn't burn out as many brain cells as you thought, buddy. :)

tsap seui

Now that I have at long last put two and two together, I vividly recall what a beautiful area that is that you live in tsap. And you are coming up on a wonderful time of the year. I still have some old photos that I took along the drive from the area around Camp David on up into south central Pennsylvania. Really breathtaking, even in the dead of winter. I was up there in late January. Living in the South, and especially after I moved to Miami, I made it a point to take my vacations in the winter so I could get some frigid weather and mucho snow. On that particular trip I drove up to DC to visit some old friends at Georgetown, then drove up to Camp David and on up to Bedford. From there, I drove over through the mountains of eastern Pennsylvania, on through New York and mountains in the east, up to Burlington, Vermont on the shores of Lake Champlain. Lovely trip if you don't mind some icy roads.That building that looked like a coffee pot was a little eatery as I recall. I wanted to go there to chow down, but was on a tight timeline. I know you guys are pretty far west of Harrisburg, but are you anywhere near the Amish country? I believe that might be a little closer to Philly. Lovely country tsap, and I'll bet it is all the more lovely with your honey by your side.

Congrats Wenyan

Thanks David.

I remember you and your wife very well. Your wife's interview was on the exact same day as my wife's original interview...

26 July 2007

It's been awhile. :)

tsap seui

This year we have been very busy obeying our new master.

:baby: - my 10 month old daughter

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one Tsip, oops excuse me Tsap. You don't want to be a tsip.

Tsip, stap, pist, past...it's all the same to me Douggie. The last time I was serious was back in 19 and 62...that experience showed me that the main thing is that we all have a good time and laugh a lot as we make our way through this wacky life.

I found the name tsap seui inside the decoder ring I got out of a box of Extra Chocolate Kap'n Krunch cereal. After I woke up on the floor from the sugar buzz the cereal gave me, I looked inside my new decoder ring and saw the name. Didn't know what it meant, actually thought it was a coded message from David Bowie's Spyder Men on Mars, but figured it would be a good stage name on Candle. :lol:

tsap seui

Mr. Chop Suie... you and I must gave gone to different grade schools together.. :smartass: . I had one of them rings too!!!! :stupid:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f380/tttted/3d_1_b.jpg

You sure you guys are not talking about the Little Orphan Annie decoder rings that you get from sending in your Ovaltine labels??? :xmastree:

Tsip, stap, pist, past...it's all the same to me Douggie. The last time I was serious was back in 19 and 62...that experience showed me that the main thing is that we all have a good time and laugh a lot as we make our way through this wacky life.

I found the name tsap seui inside the decoder ring I got out of a box of Extra Chocolate Kap'n Krunch cereal. After I woke up on the floor from the sugar buzz the cereal gave me, I looked inside my new decoder ring and saw the name. Didn't know what it meant, actually thought it was a coded message from David Bowie's Spyder Men on Mars, but figured it would be a good stage name on Candle. :lol:

tsap seui

Mr. Chop Suie... you and I must gave gone to different grade schools together.. :smartass: . I had one of them rings too!!!! :stupid:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f380/tttted/3d_1_b.jpg

You sure you guys are not talking about the Little Orphan Annie decoder rings that you get from sending in your Ovaltine labels??? :xmastree:

hehehe....ol' buddy, it looks like you have been there, done that. :lol:

Take care, man. :)

tsap seui

Today we got Fengqi's 10 year green card AND both of their Social Security cards.

I'm puttin' both of them to work tomorrow morning. :lol:

Actually, lil' rabbit wanted to walk off the plane and go to work. I said, "please baby, just give it a couple of weeks before you join a sweatshop, start sending all of your money to China, and I never see you again." :lol:

tsap seui

It's a laugh a minute around here

Today we got Fengqi's 10 year green card AND both of their Social Security cards.

I'm puttin' both of them to work tomorrow morning. :lol:

Actually, lil' rabbit wanted to walk off the plane and go to work. I said, "please baby, just give it a couple of weeks before you join a sweatshop, start sending all of your money to China, and I never see you again." :lol:

tsap seui

It's a laugh a minute around here

Hey Tsap: Be careful of all that laughter! Remember ... the VA is not going to give you any additional disability bennies for hernias caused by laughter ... unless of course ... they are service connected. Be well ... stay happy ... and hope to see you guys soon! :rotfl:

Wenyan, on her 18th day in America got her 10 year green card today.....YAAAAA WHOOOOO

Comedian that she is she snatched it outta my hand, walked out the door and over her shoulder told me, "Bye bye...Thank you for the green card, please take care of my son." :lol:

I hollered after her, "No problem baby, you need anything else you call me."

She said that after 4-5 year wait???

Imagine what she said if she had gotten in after 1 year :jerry: :ph34r:

Wenyan, on her 18th day in America got her 10 year green card today.....YAAAAA WHOOOOO

Comedian that she is she snatched it outta my hand, walked out the door and over her shoulder told me, "Bye bye...Thank you for the green card, please take care of my son." :lol:

I hollered after her, "No problem baby, you need anything else you call me."

She said that after 4-5 year wait???

Imagine what she said if she had gotten in after 1 year :jerry: :ph34r:

Yessiree, the girl has some patience doesn't she? :lol:

Patience HELL, she's got CHUTZPAH !!! :o Waited all that time, whent through all that hell and then the second I open her green card up she grabs it and runs. Literally ran down the steps to the outside and around the cornere out of sight.....then I saw that black hair and those mischevious dark eyes peek back around the corner to see if I was looking for her or not. :lol: I quickly backed up out of her sight....no, I'm not looking for you. ;)

Oh man, we have had a ball with that green card. Play acted out every fear an American guy could have about being scammed. :P

I literally have a color copy of the card and the paper it comes on pasted on the wall above my computer, like it's a Budda that you would pray to. She will walk in the room and I will suddenly start softly and repeatedly chanting and bowing with my hands clasped flat and touching my forehead "ten year green card, ten year green card" like it is some mantra.

Or she will take me by the hand and lead me into the office, plant her feet, point at the copy of the green card with authority, and try to keeep a straight face as she says, "you see my ten year green card, if you no good-ah to me, I have freedom to losa-ah you....QUICK!!"

What fun...I never cared that much about how the gal looked, I just wanted to meet someone who had "IT"....Madamn Nhu, herowndamnself, in the bed with a wicked and wacky sense of humor who could stand toe to toe with me and trade off hilariously outrageous verbal scenerios one after another with as we dissolved into laughter and hug each other. Well buddy, this wacky dagnabbit wabbit has got "IT". :D

Wait a minute, her green card is missing and so is she.....NO, you don't think she took off last night in my sleep....did she????? :o :blink:

Scammed by a dadgum lil' Brer Rabbit....even all the might, the overwhelming....cough...cough...intelligence, and the evil THIRD, (scam detecting) eye of the YOU KNIGHTED STATES of AMURICA'S State Department couldn't keep this sly rabbit out of America....for too long. :lol:

tsap seui

HOOT CHEEEE MOMMA.....over and out

• 1 month later...