help

As I¡¯ve been told of myself in the past, what I hear from you are emotions. You should concentrate on the objective of the exercise, and that is to get your mate to the U.S. The firm you hired to do the paperwork is secondary. Remember, GUZ works on facts (or what they suspect as such based on input or their own bias).¡­. What is done¡­ is done¡­. I think it is good advice to respond to the Consulate in email. Show a sincere effort and ask for their understanding in trying to correct the error. Write the email¡­. save it¡­ and read it again in a day or two¡­. Edit to make sure it is based on facts, not emotion¡­then send it. Although it is often difficult to understand, this is all about ¡°perception¡± and paper work.

I¡¯m not sure the email will resolve the problem, but it is a great start. Based on their response, it will at least lead you to your next action.

A sincere wish of good luck in your efforts¡­

As I’ve been told of myself in the past, what I hear from you are emotions. You should concentrate on the objective of the exercise, and that is to get your mate to the U.S. The firm you hired to do the paperwork is secondary. Remember, GUZ works on facts (or what they suspect as such based on input or their own bias).…. What is done… is done…. I think it is good advice to respond to the Consulate in email. Show a sincere effort and ask for their understanding in trying to correct the error. Write the email…. save it… and read it again in a day or two…. Edit to make sure it is based on facts, not emotion…then send it. Although it is often difficult to understand, this is all about “perception” and paper work.

I’m not sure the email will resolve the problem, but it is a great start. Based on their response, it will at least lead you to your next action.

A sincere wish of good luck in your efforts…

thank you for your help, i do think the email gets auto reply or close to it. i will still write once a week. i may be wrong, but i think they still have a question period on mondays at GUZ, only general questions,not the petioners hour, it is posted on their website, i am also teaching rose some american things like i told her "whats done,is done", i think i will go over this month and see her, and it seems like the embassy is insolating the process from the outside,, but they will reach out for more info. so i will be ready in case they ask for more proof of relationship.i will also video tape us communcating together. i also want to see her again, and her son.

Edited by hongrun (see edit history)

if 1) someone they employ made such a blatant and careless mistake with your paperwork and 2) they know little about the special circumstances of China and GUZ then I think it is still relevant. but if you don't want to say, then I have to leave it at that.

Sadly, this is somewhat common when using a state side lawyer in many cases.

I believe when employing one, the petitioner should seriously interview the lawyer questioning them as to knowing the specifics of the consulate.

As I¡¯ve been told of myself in the past, what I hear from you are emotions. You should concentrate on the objective of the exercise, and that is to get your mate to the U.S. The firm you hired to do the paperwork is secondary. Remember, GUZ works on facts (or what they suspect as such based on input or their own bias).¡­. What is done¡­ is done¡­. I think it is good advice to respond to the Consulate in email. Show a sincere effort and ask for their understanding in trying to correct the error. Write the email¡­. save it¡­ and read it again in a day or two¡­. Edit to make sure it is based on facts, not emotion¡­then send it. Although it is often difficult to understand, this is all about ¡°perception¡± and paper work.

I¡¯m not sure the email will resolve the problem, but it is a great start. Based on their response, it will at least lead you to your next action.

A sincere wish of good luck in your efforts¡­

thank you for your help, i do think the email gets auto reply or close to it. i will still write once a week. i may be wrong, but i think they still have a question period on mondays at GUZ, only general questions,not the petioners hour, it is posted on their website, i am also teaching rose some american things like i told her "whats done,is done", i think i will go over this month and see her, and it seems like the embassy is insolating the process from the outside,, but they will reach out for more info. so i will be ready in case they ask for more proof of relationship.i will also video tape us communcating together. i also want to see her again, and her son.

That is great to hear. When I first started reading this forum in '07, the visa process seemed a lot less streamlined and almost hap hazard. You would hear of cases that seemed like easy Pinks, but turned into nightmares for whatever reason. And maybe the petitioners weren't as well prepared.

But one of the main themes back then was how to console the fiancee/wife after a negative outcome at the interview. We as Americans get upset and emotional, but her reactions were often more devastating, difficult to understand and heal. So I was always so impressed when members flew as soon as they could to be with them.

Hope by the time you arrive GUZ is giving you better news. Have a safe trip!

• 1 month later...

thank you all for the great support in our trying times. i think she got pink? "Your beneficiary’s case has been reviewed and is going to be approved." email from Guangzhou. we will believe it when they get the stamp on their passport, her son also. it took close to 3 months from interview for AP. some hints for those in purguatory, i called the department of state "dos" every week, there is one girl that is really bad. i got her twice. "pending" and then hangs up. the second time i realized she never told me her name or after the case number never asked for my financee's name or mine, just pending and hung up. i called back , and got a guy, he said something had happened and they had mailed her the packet, the day before. the case was resolved, he did not know what, the next day i got this email from guangzhou. the guy wanted her name, the bad girl, some of them there do a great job, and i feel sorry for those that care, remember that they are for all visa'a and all embassy's and only know what is on the screen.i did not go to china because by the time i got extra money it was close to the 2 months, i have to make sure i have money for both to come here and then he will need many things, he is 11 and probably new clothes, a bed ect, and i want time off. i also had to pay for school there and rent and lving. he has never been on an airplane and now will fly to a school where no one speaks chinese, the secatary ( a small school) is half chinese and half spanish, and was a translator, but for spanish, she is also my neighbor and says that we should just throw him in there, small world,,,my alma mater fresno state has a 6'8" basketball player from shenzhen this year and that is where they are now, he is from a small village near harbin, and he likes basketball, so he is excited to come see him play. at least we will be together and i can help.

Edited by hongrun (see edit history)