EOR and Flying out of Hong Kong

Tomorrow is our big day for interview. I will do a full write up when we finish up.

Do most people write a new or updated EOR for the interview? or does all evidence need to be collected by the fiance (different from petition submission)?
-We have evidence of continued relationship but also all the info from the petition, including the letter.
Just wondering if I need to pull a late night and finish writing a new one...

Also, I found many cases of people flying to US POE from Hong Kong. Has anyone taken a train from Guangzhou to Hong Kong?
US Citizens are okay. Chinese citizens are allowed visa waiver for transitting Hong Kong, but no word of actually where/how a waiver is received.
Also some varying stories online about limited 24 hours in the confines of the airport vs. train/taxi in Hong Kong to the airport?

Hopefully booking tickets this week!

To answer your questions.

1) EOR, I would prepare one along with evidence of relationship from time of petition filing up to now, however, this may or may not be requested at the interview, and if they do request, it is usually done by blue slip, and requested to be turned in after the interview.

2) Travel through HK, all the Chinese citizen needs to show is travel tickets for travel to a further destination within 7 days of entry to HK, and a visa to that destination as in US Visa in passport, there is nothing to apply for.

Tomorrow is our big day for interview. I will do a full write up when we finish up.

Do most people write a new or updated EOR for the interview? or does all evidence need to be collected by the fiance (different from petition submission)?

-We have evidence of continued relationship but also all the info from the petition, including the letter.

Just wondering if I need to pull a late night and finish writing a new one...

Also, I found many cases of people flying to US POE from Hong Kong. Has anyone taken a train from Guangzhou to Hong Kong?

US¡¡Citizens are okay. Chinese citizens are allowed visa waiver for transitting Hong Kong, but no word of actually where/how a waiver is received.

Also some varying stories online about limited 24 hours in the confines of the airport vs. train/taxi in Hong Kong to the airport?

Hopefully booking tickets this week!

Took the train from Guangzhou to Shenzhen last New Year. We rode the high speed train, and the trip takes about an hour that way. The train arrives at the ShenZhen transportation center, and you can walk about 100 feet, go through the immigration checkpoint to Hong Kong, and then take the Hong Kong light rail system from there to the airport. it's actually pretty painless, and not too expensive.

1) EOR, I would prepare one along with evidence of relationship from time of petition filing up to now, however, this may or may not be requested at the interview, and if they do request, it is usually done by blue slip, and requested to be turned in after the interview.

2) Travel through HK, all the Chinese citizen needs to show is travel tickets for travel to a further destination within 7 days of entry to HK, and a visa to that destination as in US Visa in passport, there is nothing to apply for.

On point 2, is it known if that also works for a Chinese domestic flight? Sue and I are planning our next visit and we've found flights to/from HK significantly cheaper than flights to/from Guangzhou even for domestic flights.

On point 2, is it known if that also works for a Chinese domestic flight? Sue and I are planning our next visit and we've found flights to/from HK significantly cheaper than flights to/from Guangzhou even for domestic flights.

Yes, it works with a domestic flight into HK, as long as travel onward happens with 7 days of entering HK.

Yes, it works with a domestic flight into HK, as long as travel onward happens with 7 days of entering HK.

To clarify, flights from Mainland Cities to Hong Kong are not considered domestic flights. They leave from the International Terminal. The Terminals are almost always marked International, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan.

Last Year - my wife and I went from Dalian to Hong Kong (3 days) to Bangkok(3 days) back to Dalian (via Hong Kong). She used her Hong Kong Pass to go to Hong Kong and then her passport to Bangkok. It almost sounds like she could have used her passport the entire way though we might have run into problems at Hong Kong immigration without her pass.

The Hong Kong pass is typically not that hard to get and my wife got two entries within a 12 month period.