The "Flash divorce": Shutdown?

The article is about what it's about - NOT the "other stuff"

Science is what it is - humans make their changes AFTER conception, which is a 50/50 shot. One effect of the One Child Policy has been selective abortions.

As a Westerner, I choose to NOT try to separate Eastern Westerness from Eastern Easterness, thank you.

Science is what it is - humans make their changes AFTER conception, which is a 50/50 shot. One effect of the One Child Policy has been selective abortions.

As a Westerner, I choose to NOT try to separate Eastern Westerness from Eastern Easterness, thank you.

The answer there is that Hong Kong and Taiwan people have their own fairly unique perspective on the mainland Chinese. Calling that "Western" would be unique in itself.

sorry... if there is 'other stuff' in the article.... one can call BS on it.

Science is what it is - humans make their changes AFTER conception, which is a 50/50 shot.

What is 50/50? what gender is born? Science has found that in china it is not 50/50...

One effect of the One Child Policy has been selective abortions.

Is that Karma? :rolleyes:

Quote: As a Westerner, I choose to NOT try to separate Eastern Westerness from Eastern Easterness, thank you.

Your welcome :D

. . .

Science is what it is - humans make their changes AFTER conception, which is a 50/50 shot.

What is 50/50? what gender is born? Science has found that in china it is not 50/50...

One effect of the One Child Policy has been selective abortions.

Is that Karma? :rolleyes:

. . .

At conception, the odds (scientifically) are approximately 101:100 (male over female). At birth, it changes to somewhere between 101:100 and 118:100 (again, male over female - and probably fairly close to the 118:100 figure, depending on the male vs. female survival rates which ultimately produce the 118:100 ratio in the total population).

It's not clear to me how karma enters this picture, unless you're referring to the karma of the Chinese people as a whole.

I seem to be "feeling" a VERY Western me vs. you, I'm right and you're wrong competitiveness in you, when there's really nothing to disagree about.

At conception, the odds (scientifically) are approximately 101:100 (male over female). At birth, it changes to somewhere between 101:100 and 118:100 (again, male over female - and probably fairly close to the 118:100 figure, depending on the male vs. female survival rates which ultimately produce the 118:100 ratio in the total population).

It's not clear to me how karma enters this picture, unless you're referring to the karma of the Chinese people as a whole.

I seem to be "feeling" a VERY Western me vs. you, I'm right and you're wrong competitiveness in you, when there's really nothing to disagree about.

I have already suggested it more than once; your stuck in science instead of reality. Science showed that chinese ladies do not follow science in terms of gender birth. So let us stick to reality.

My 'karma' was a bad joke. I will drop it here. BUT !!! why is there birth population out of sync with science????? Is that a karma issue? I think nobody is truly exploring this line of thinking in history or why. Some day, someone will figure this idea out and write a book.

I am glad you raise to the "feeling" level; this is actually above the thinking level. It is not competitive but a different point of view. YES !!! we are much closer and not disagreeing so much :)

As is usually with us... we have strong points of view which are quite right. well, I know your points are quite valuable so if I egg it on, then it gets refined and truly precise in its evaluation