I-864: Affidavit of Support Issue

Greetings to Everyone:

I am assisting a friend of mine who starting the process. He is not even close to sending in his Affidavit of support, I-864 because he is applying for a CR-1 Visa for his wife. Now is the question: Bankruptcy, is it or will it be an issue for him? :blink: His income is above the required limit so that is not the issue. I have also reviewed the form and no where on this form is there a question about "have you ever filed for bankruptcy?" Or even an area to comment on such an event in ones financial life.

With that said, I've yet to see anything that would or could prevent a Visa Officer in the US Consulate Guangzhou to grant a CR-1 Visa. But........You never know what these "Unique" individuals are thinking or not thinking. :blink: With that said I want to start researching the possible problems now.

Thanks In advanced

Dj

All I-864 conserns is the sponsor's ability to support an immigrant, assets, and or income is what this is all about, if they are sufficient, then not a problem.

A bankruptcy will not be an issue, it is not about assets, or income.

All I-864 conserns is the sponsor's ability to support an immigrant, assets, and or income is what this is all about, if they are sufficient, then not a problem.

A bankruptcy will not be an issue, it is not about assets, or income.

Thanks for the reply's. Just in case there are issues, I think he should get a letter from the bank or attorney indicating why it happened and have his wife take it to the interview.... Just in case, but never give anything like that unless specifically asked for.....

Thanks Again

Dan