Government employees

NickF

Yep, SSA is quick about mailing cards.

Similar experience in NY State with the DMV, the office in my county is not the pain as it was in the past, and most transactions can be done on line now.

By the way, for my lao po , we checked the box that asked for it when filling out DS 230 application for an immigrant visa . She 's been here for 1 month and the SS card still has not showed up . The 2 year greencard showed up a few days ago.

How reliable are they in processing the SS card via immigrant visa processing ? or we better of showing up at the ss office ???

By the way, for my lao po , we checked the box that asked for it when filling out DS 230 application for an immigrant visa . She 's been here for 1 month and the SS card still has not showed up . The 2 year greencard showed up a few days ago.

How reliable are they in processing the SS card via immigrant visa processing ? or we better of showing up at the ss office ???

Definitely better off going to the office. That's what I did even though I checked the box.

You can see my timeline.

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)

Go to the SSA office and order one, it is hit and miss for that check box, and those that get the 2 year green-card (CR-1 cases) seem to miss more than the IR-1 cases.

Bring, Passport, Green-card, birth cert+translation, and perhaps Marriage cert to the SSA office.

I would second Dan on this. I did check that box and sure enough it arrived about a month later. There were a few others going through the same thing about that time that waited empty handed. It never hurts to check in on em and see if they're following through