Visit Visa for My Son

I want to get a visit visa for my son. I'm a teacher in U.S and I come back to China once a year ( summer vacation),but I really want my son to go there to visit.Since I applied for a green card for him years ago, and we are still in waiting status, I'm afraind they would refuse the visit visa. Anybody knows what questions they will ask, or how can I show them that my son will have to come back to China? If they ask about green card , what should he say?

Is your son a Chinese citizen with a green card pending? If Chinese citizen (with PRC passport), no visa is required to go to China.

Or are you worried about him getting back in the US? What exactly is his status?

I am assuming that you filed to bring him over and he is unmarried over 21. Honestly I think with an I-130 pending his chances of getting a visitor visa is pretty slim. As with any PRC citizen the key is proving they will honor the terms of the visa and return. He has already shown immigrant intent. Focus on why he would return.

Beachy, it's the other way around, OP is US resident who filed immigrant visa petition for their son.

Similar situation to US citizen wanting spouse or fiancee visit while petition pending.

Son will apply for visit visa, and have to prove will not overstay visit.

• 2 weeks later...

Similar situation with my stepdaughter. I-130 filed for her by my wife several months ago. Stepdaughter lives in China, has job with an American owned companyu in Beijing,is unmarried and now almost 27. She applied for a visitors visa last year when she finished college in England and was turned down. Is there any chance of her getting a visitors visa to the USA while we wait the 9-10 years for a Visa slot or is getting her a Canadian or Mexican tourist visa and meeting her there the only way we will meet her in North America during the current decade? Reason to return we can show a job (only 5 months thusfar, a small condo and a small amount of savings). Her father lives there mbut she is unmarried so no husband or kids there. Recognizing this would add to the wait for an immigration slot but just wondering -Do her chances of getting a tourist visa to USA go up if she gets married, has a kid and leaves them both there or is it pretty much a 10 year wait. I wish the regulations would just come out and tell you no if it is a no go. We have made enough "donations" to the USCIS already.

Thanks for any insight you can offer

• 3 weeks later...

Is your son a Chinese citizen with a green card pending? If Chinese citizen (with PRC passport), no visa is required to go to China.

Or are you worried about him getting back in the US? What exactly is his status?

He 's a Chinese citizen with a green card pending. I'm worried about his visit visa will be deneied for that status. I just want him to have a three-week-trip to U.S during the spring festival vacation.