Would It Hurt Us If She Goes to the USA on a Traveler's Visa Befor

One question I've been curious to ask for a while --

My girlfriend would like to travel to the USA this winter. In part to check out graduate schools and in part to visit my home and family. Our plan is to get married next year, however, I want to make sure that her visiting the USA won't cause problems.

When she applies for a traveler visa, she will still be a student and will need to return to China to complete her schooling. Our hope is that this, combined with her interest in visiting graduate schools that she will apply to will be enough to get her the traveler's visa. Through the process, she won't mention that she will be traveling with me and that I will have her visit my parents.

Can this come back to bite us as we file for a DCF next summer? Of course, she will return to China after the traveler's visa (as will I -- I am also a student), but will they be able to track that part of her reason for getting the traveler's visa will be to visit the USA with me? If so, is this bad?

Just wanted to get the take of others to ensure that this won't raise a red flag.

Thanks

This would cause absolutely no problems for any future immigrations visa petition, in-fact if she did get a visit visa, visit the USA and did not overstay, it shows a good track-record.

Also a denial for a visitor's visa will not affect the outcome of an immigrant visa either.

This would cause absolutely no problems for any future immigrations visa petition, in-fact if she did get a visit visa, visit the USA and did not overstay, it shows a good track-record.

Also a denial for a visitor's visa will not affect the outcome of an immigrant visa either.

Thank you. Exactly what I wanted to hear!

Do you think it would cause problems if she mentions that I will show her around the USA? I guess she shouldn't mention me as a boyfriend, but maybe just as a friend? Not sure if we should hold this out when she applies for the traveler's visa but then show pictures from the trip when we apply for the DCF.

Thanks again.

Edited by KAM313 (see edit history)

I wouldn't hide the fact that your her boyfriend, especially if you're going to return with her to China.