Individual annual income (I864)

Ok guys, I was wondering what I should put as my annual income on the I-864...

My instincts tell me put whatever my 2010 income was, however there's a problem. My 2010 income also includes income from a previous job. So my foreign income listed on there won't really reflect what I actually make in a year in China. (I am having a joint sponsor...so I guess my income doesn't matter but still...)

I looked at this thread: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41007-i-864-questions-part-6-23-and-down/

but it doesn't answer my particular problem since I don't have a tax form for a whole year working in China. Just a half a year.

So Should I list what I have on the 2010 Foreign income? or Multiple that number to reflect what I would make in a Full year?

Thanks,

My instincts tell me put whatever my 2010 income was, however there's a problem. My 2010 income also includes income from a previous job. So my foreign income listed on there won't really reflect what I actually make in a year in China. (I am having a joint sponsor...so I guess my income doesn't matter but still...)

I looked at this thread: http://candleforlove...-6-23-and-down/

but it doesn't answer my particular problem since I don't have a tax form for a whole year working in China. Just a half a year.

So Should I list what I have on the 2010 Foreign income? or Multiple that number to reflect what I would make in a Full year?

Thanks,

Your tax return is a blanket statement of your income for the year 2010. Why would you alter that figure in any way?

Line 23 is your current income - how much are you making NOW on an annual basis, based on the number of months in 2011 you will be working?

A letter from your employer should state the period of your contract and your salary during that time. They can do any needed arithmetic themselves, if they're so inclined. Best to stick to facts.

Your employment in China is unlikely to count for anything, since it will NOT continue after you move back to the states.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I looked at this thread: http://candleforlove...-6-23-and-down/

Thanks,

Your tax return is a blanket statement of your income for the year 2010. Why would you alter that figure in any way?

Line 23 is your current income - how much are you making NOW on an annual basis, based on the number of months in 2011 you will be working?

A letter from your employer should state the period of your contract and your salary during that time. They can do any needed arithmetic themselves, if they're so inclined. Best to stick to facts.

Your employment in China is unlikely to count for anything, since it will NOT continue after you move back to the states.

Do I have to have a letter of employment? I dont really want my employer to know that I am going through the visa process, since I will quit after its done.

Do I have to have a letter of employment? I dont really want my employer to know that I am going through the visa process, since I will quit after its done.

Do you have a contract? Submit a copy of it, along with your own letter stating the period of the contract and your salary.

Questions:

• Will employment with this employer continue after you return to the states? (If not, then I would not bother with employer letter)
  • Are you using a joint sponsor? (If so, then again I would not bother much with evidence of current and future income..)

If income from current employer will cease when moving to the USA and using a Joint sponsor, then I would stick to attaching copies of IRS returns.

Questions:

• Will employment with this employer continue after you return to the states? (If not, then I would not bother with employer letter)
  • Are you using a joint sponsor? (If so, then again I would not bother much with evidence of current and future income..)

If income from current employer will cease when moving to the USA and using a Joint sponsor, then I would stick to attaching copies of IRS returns.

What do I write in for the income blank then?

Questions:

What do I write in for the income blank then?

Your current income. I am just pointing out since the income will end as soon as you leave China, not much weight will be placed on this.

As said, if you have a copy of a contract showing what is current income, or other evidence of current income, can attach this.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)