just moved and am sending in I-751

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help with a few questions. My husband and I just moved into our new house last month. We are sending the packet in this month. My hubby went online and changed his address and printed out a confirmation. On the document, it says "do not mail." So I guess that means we shouldn't include it in the packet. I'm assuming they'll find out new address once they input the I-751 application info? I'm worried things will get messed up though. There are still a few documents (i.e. previous tax returns, car title) that have our old address. Do you think this will be a problem? I don't want to take the tax returns out, but I can probably omit the car title document. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Did you also file an I-865 when moving? Both an AR-11 and an I-865 need to be filed.

AR11 can be done on line and is for alien resident moving.

I-865 needs to be mailed and is for sponsor moving, US citizen or resident spouse.

Old address on relationship evidence is fine and will not cause problems.

Hi dnoblett, my mother is my hubby's sponsor and she still lives at the old address. I did take a look at the I-865 instructions and it says it's only for the sponsor, not a spouse as far as I can tell. Should I do one anyways or will that create more confusion for them? thank you very much!

Hi dnoblett, my mother is my hubby's sponsor and she still lives at the old address. I did take a look at the I-865 instructions and it says it's only for the sponsor, not a spouse as far as I can tell. Should I do one anyways or will that create more confusion for them? thank you very much!

Who filed the I-130 or I-129F petition for immigrations? You for a spouse, or Mother-in-law for a Son?

If you did a K-1 or K-3 or adjusted from an other type of non-immigrant visa, you as spouse had to provide an I-864 for huband to adjust status.

If you filed the I-130 for a spousal visa, then YOU had to provide an I-864 as primary sponsor, and parent acted as a joint sponsor, since you moved with your husband to a new home, you as primary sponsor need to file an I-865.

Hi dnoblett, I'm an idiot. I am a sponsor and my mother was the joint sponsor. In my mind, I kept thinking my mother was the sponsor and I was a petitioner only. I did file the I-130 for my spouse. Thanks for putting up with my idiotic question. :rolleyes:

Who filed the I-130 or I-129F petition for immigrations? You for a spouse, or Mother-in-law for a Son?

If you did a K-1 or K-3 or adjusted from an other type of non-immigrant visa, you as spouse had to provide an I-864 for huband to adjust status.

If you filed the I-130 for a spousal visa, then YOU had to provide an I-864 as primary sponsor, and parent acted as a joint sponsor, since you moved with your husband to a new home, you as primary sponsor need to file an I-865.