Relatives in China

My Chinese wife and I are contemplating buying a Chinese resturant, again. We were wondering if putting half the resturant in her young Nephew's name (Nephew in China) it would do anything to help him to come to the U.S.A? He already travels to other countries for business purposes with the company he is with, but as we all know the U.S. is a different story. Thx you all for any ideas--------Ben

Unfortunately this would not do anything with regard to immigrations.

A citizen or resident cannot petition for an aunt, uncle, niece or nephew.

Only way would be for wife to become a US Citizen, then sponsor sibling and then sibling sponsor their son after they become. a Citizen.

A work visa is not an option, this is for a skilled labor that is hard to fill dometically.

My Chinese wife and I are contemplating buying a Chinese resturant, again. We were wondering if putting half the resturant in her young Nephew's name (Nephew in China) it would do anything to help him to come to the U.S.A? He already travels to other countries for business purposes with the company he is with, but as we all know the U.S. is a different story. Thx you all for any ideas--------Ben

It would have to be a big investment. If you invest $1 million and create 10 jobs you are eligible to apply for a green card. No idea how much a Chinese restaurant costs but I would guess it costs nowhere near that much.

Immigrate or tour?

If looking to tour, owning a business and/or a home that the petitioner would more than like return to are prerequisites for GUZ issuing a tourist visa. Not owning either generally equates to someone who has little reason to return.

What you are describing is an EB-5 visa. It requires putting $500,000 or

1,000,000 dollars into a U.S. Bank. Then buying a business , then applying for the EB-5, then hiring 10 U.S. citizens/greencard holders to work there.One cannot merely add a new name on a business or property title and "buy"a green card. Citzenship can be purchased in Switzerland for cash alone, but not in the USA.

You're welcome to visit my office。Thomas xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx