Addresses for PKG 3

For the DS-230 and the I-864, I have a question about the addresses. I plan on moving in with my Wife's parents in a couple of months because my lease expires and I don't see the reason of signing a new lease because I don't want to deal with the landlord after getting a visa and leaving China.

So here's my question: I am working on package 3 forms now...I don't plan to mail them until I get my Dad's I-864 and my transcripts. The I-864 says you need to file every time you change your address. Do you think I should go ahead and put her parents address down as my address on both forms? (This would be different from the address on my I30)...what else can I do? Or not worry about it and just keep putting down my current address, and explain it at the interview?

Thanks for all the help guys!

Edited by computerguy (see edit history)

I would use address that you will be useing when you actually start sponsoring an immigrant in the USA.

If you will be living with parents upon arrival in the USA, then their address should be on the I-864. The same address indicated on the DS-230.

I would use address that you will be useing when you actually start sponsoring an immigrant in the USA.

If you will be living with parents upon arrival in the USA, then their address should be on the I-864. The same address indicated on the DS-230.

That should solve my problem. What about the DS-230, is it necessary its perfectly up to date as far as my physical location in CHina?

That should solve my problem. What about the DS-230, is it necessary its perfectly up to date as far as my physical location in CHina?

I would use an address that will be a reliable address for delivery of packet 4.

ok. It says on DS-230, if different from your own, but spouse's address. So I will tell her to just keep it blank. It really sucks you can't save this form when filling out x.x; But my I-130 had me listed with a different address, they won't think im lying or anything if I don't put that address here this time will they? Maybe I am over-thinking it

Only other question I have is after looking at the I-864 , I went ahead and put my address as my one I will have in USA, and my Domicile as China, since I will need to re-establish domicile, that won't seem conflicting will it?

EDIT: I just found out my Dad had sent his co-sponsor form without the transcript for his taxes. (He forgot, or something @_@). Does anyone know if its okay to scan them and have him send me them electronically and print them out? I figured if they trust you with your own copies of your original irs documents, perhaps a copy of the transcript is okay too...

Edited by computerguy (see edit history)

You are way overthinking.

Address DO change between initial filing and interview, also it WILL change again after interview due to immigrations.

DS-230 question 10 and 11 are USA address after immigrating, #13 is present address and should have an address that you can reliably get packet 4 at. Question 16 is your the US Citizen's address, if still same as intending immigrant, you can leave blank.

DS-230 10 should match your I-864 address.

DS-230 question 30 can have prior address even current address if you are moving out very soon.

A scan copy of transcript is fine, in fact a transcript is simply printed on plain paper anyway, and has nothing on them like an "original Signature" or any watermarks.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Address DO change between initial filing and interview, also it WILL change again after interview due to immigrations.

DS-230 question 10 and 11 are USA address after immigrating, #13 is present address and should have an address that you can reliably get packet 4 at. Question 16 is your the US Citizen's address, if still same as intending immigrant, you can leave blank.

DS-230 question 30 can have prior address even current address if you are moving out very soon.

A scan copy of transcript is fine, in fact a transcript is simply printed on plain paper anyway, and has nothing on them like an "original Signature" or any watermarks.

Since you can't saved the typed info on the form, you can always print out the blank form and fill it out by hand.

Since you can't saved the typed info on the form, you can always print out the blank form and fill it out by hand.

That will require me to hold a pen, and move my hand. I'm so lazy, I rather just move my fingers and type. joke joke. Thanks for the answers though guys!