I-751 application date

Hi Everyone,

Well its been almost 2 years now since my wife has been here. Everything is going well and now its time to start thinking about the I-751. I think I have found most everything I need by reading posts here. I do have one question though. I think I know the answer but I thought it would be a good idea to run it by the experts here.

Dilemma - According to what I have read, we should be able to file the I-751 between July 24nd and the expiration date on her green card which is October 22nd. Typically we would get this done immediately or as soon as possible since I am not a procrastinator. The problem lye's with the biometrics and a trip to China we have planned for around Oct 1st. I am afraid that if we send in the I-751 at the end of this month, the biometrics appointment will be scheduled while we are out of the country. From timelines and reading various posts it appears these are usually scheduled at around 6 weeks from the date of receiving the I-751 packet.

Question - Does anyone see any harm in sending the I-751 towards the end of the 90 days rather then the beginning? What happens if they schedule the biometrics during the time we are not available due to being out of the country?

Thanks for any replies that I may get.

Not a problem fileing close to expire, we filed 10 days before expiration.

Only issue is traveling with expired green card. Extension letter that allows travel can show up while out of country. Also exiting China can be tricky with extension letter.

File it end of July most likely bio appt will happen prior to travel and when doing bio if doing at field office, request an I-551 notation in passport this will simplify exiting China if BIO is not done at local field office then scheduled infopass appointment and request the I-551 stamp. Aug+Sep =8 weeks.

http://candleforlove...post__p__575618

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)