Easy Pink....And Some Advice

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man.. our I130 case was handeled by a lawyer and we did not FRONTLOAD anything! I mean it was very minimal! It was only a couple of pictures, few months of phone records and some travel documents. The lawyers said not to send to much documents in and told us to bring it to the interview! So now, my husbad have 4 pounds of evidence to show the VO. His interview is on July 11th... Do you think not frontloading at the I130 stage would hurt us right now?

Did we ever hear back from her as to how it went on the 11th? I don't think so... am curious...

Oh man.. our I130 case was handeled by a lawyer and we did not FRONTLOAD anything! I mean it was very minimal! It was only a couple of pictures, few months of phone records and some travel documents. The lawyers said not to send to much documents in and told us to bring it to the interview! So now, my husbad have 4 pounds of evidence to show the VO. His interview is on July 11th... Do you think not frontloading at the I130 stage would hurt us right now?

Did we ever hear back from her as to how it went on the 11th? I don't think so... am curious...

If memory recalls, they got blue for a Singapore Police certificate so the lack of frontloading didn't seem to be an issue.

If memory recalls, they got blue for a Singapore Police certificate so the lack of frontloading didn't seem to be an issue.

Ugh. Its always something, huh! Great that it's an easy overcome! Sure that was them? Checking her post history, she posted nothing after the 10th.

Anna,

As far as I know, the only fee you'll be paying is between 20 yuan and 80 yuan for the consulate to mail the visa.

Unless you are living in China and filed the I-130 to the DHS office in Beijing or Guangzhou ("DCF"), there should be no fee paid to consulate, petition fee paid with I-130 in the states or DHS office overseas only covers Petition processing by USCIS, you pay additional fees to NVC if stateside processing, or to Guangzhou if processing overseas as in "DCF"

Thanks for the reply guys! Sorry I am laggy on my status...I will let everyone know what is going on!

Hi,

Yes! Beachey is right! I did post on visa journey and did not do an update here.

So what happened was my husband received a blue slip for not having the correct Singapore police certificate (certificate of clearance aka COC). The reason we did not have this is because Singapore stopped issuing COC to none Singapore citizens in October of 2010. Instead, they offer a statue of declaration for none Singapore citizens. At that time, I did contact the Guangzhou embassy and they replied via email saying the statue of declaration would be acceptable. So my husband obtained that, we turned it into the NVC and the NVC was fine with it. When it came to the interview, apparently Guangzhou now has a new regulation and the VO said he absolutely needs the COC. Therefore, he received a blue slip. I then contacted the NVC and spoke to a supervisor. He directed me to the Visa Services Center in Washington DC and I spoke to a supervisor regarding this issue. In the meantime, I contacted the Singapore embassy in China as well as the US embassy in Singapore. They both said the COC would be acceptable!!! So it¡¯s fine with everywhere else except Guangzhou!

So a few days later, the Visa Services Center in DC got back to me and told me that the Singapore police does issue a COC for none Singapore citizens if we do an appeal. So I contacted the Singapore police and after a couple of days emailing them (they refused at first), we finally received some information on how to do the appeal and that they would only issue the COC if we received an OFFICIAL LETTER from the requesting agency saying the Statue of Declaration is UNACEPTABLE! I then contacted Guangzhou embassy and it took them two and a half weeks to send out that letter. My husband just received the letter from Guangzhou two days ago so he will be submitting the application as well as the appeal to the Singapore police soon. However, Singapore police requires a set of finger prints from China police so he had to go get those done. After he got those done, I scanned fingerprints and e-mailed Singapore police and they said the finger prints were acceptable BUT, it needs to be translated to English. So tomorrow, he will look for a translator and have them translate the finger print set. I¡¯m not sure how are they doing to do this because it is just a piece of paper with boxes that has his finger prints in it and its labeled ¡°left hand, right hand.¡± So this is where we are at now¡­.

As far as the time frame goes, Singapore will require 3 weeks to process the appeal and the application. They will mail the COC directly to Guangzhou so I am assuming that will take another 3-4 weeks for Guangzhou to process that? So we are looking at September visa¡­ Aye, what a headache! :blink:

Edited by diamondeve21 (see edit history)

Hi,

Yes! Beachey is right! I did post on visa journey and did not do an update here.

So what happened was my husband received a blue slip for not having the correct Singapore police certificate (certificate of clearance aka COC). The reason we did not have this is because Singapore stopped issuing COC to none Singapore citizens in October of 2010. Instead, they offer a statue of declaration for none Singapore citizens. At that time, I did contact the Guangzhou embassy and they replied via email saying the statue of declaration would be acceptable. So my husband obtained that, we turned it into the NVC and the NVC was fine with it. When it came to the interview, apparently Guangzhou now has a new regulation and the VO said he absolutely needs the COC. Therefore, he received a blue slip. I then contacted the NVC and spoke to a supervisor. He directed me to the Visa Services Center in Washington DC and I spoke to a supervisor regarding this issue. In the meantime, I contacted the Singapore embassy in China as well as the US embassy in Singapore. They both said the COC would be acceptable!!! So it¡¯s fine with everywhere else except Guangzhou!

So a few days later, the Visa Services Center in DC got back to me and told me that the Singapore police does issue a COC for none Singapore citizens if we do an appeal. So I contacted the Singapore police and after a couple of days emailing them (they refused at first), we finally received some information on how to do the appeal and that they would only issue the COC if we received an OFFICIAL LETTER from the requesting agency saying the Statue of Declaration is UNACEPTABLE! I then contacted Guangzhou embassy and it took them two and a half weeks to send out that letter. My husband just received the letter from Guangzhou two days ago so he will be submitting the application as well as the appeal to the Singapore police soon. However, Singapore police requires a set of finger prints from China police so he had to go get those done. After he got those done, I scanned fingerprints and e-mailed Singapore police and they said the finger prints were acceptable BUT, it needs to be translated to English. So tomorrow, he will look for a translator and have them translate the finger print set. I¡¯m not sure how are they doing to do this because it is just a piece of paper with boxes that has his finger prints in it and its labeled ¡°left hand, right hand.¡± So this is where we are at now¡­.

As far as the time frame goes, Singapore will require 3 weeks to process the appeal and the application. They will mail the COC directly to Guangzhou so I am assuming that will take another 3-4 weeks for Guangzhou to process that? So we are looking at September visa¡­ Aye, what a headache! :blink:

This won't help you at this late date, but for anyone else - check the Visa reciprocity tables for information about any needed certificates from a particular country - http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html

The page for Singapore discusses this information

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9732

For all applicants, a form letter from the requesting/processing office (NVC, KCC, Embassy, employer etc.) is required to obtain a Certificate of Clearance (COC). Such letter should specify the need for the clearance and state explicitly that "a statutory declaration of no criminal conviction by the applicant is not acceptable as evidence that he/she does not have criminal convictions". The COC will be sent directly to the requesting/processing office.

. . .

All applicants must complete the Certificate of Clearance application form available at http://www.spf.gov.sg/faqs/doc/coc_appform.pdf in full and submit it with the necessary supporting documents:

Hi,

This won't help you at this late date, but for anyone else - check the Visa reciprocity tables for information about any needed certificates from a particular country - http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html

The page for Singapore discusses this information

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9732

For all applicants, a form letter from the requesting/processing office (NVC, KCC, Embassy, employer etc.) is required to obtain a Certificate of Clearance (COC). Such letter should specify the need for the clearance and state explicitly that "a statutory declaration of no criminal conviction by the applicant is not acceptable as evidence that he/she does not have criminal convictions". The COC will be sent directly to the requesting/processing office.

. . .

All applicants must complete the Certificate of Clearance application form available at http://www.spf.gov.sg/faqs/doc/coc_appform.pdf in full and submit it with the necessary supporting documents:

Yea... But what threw me off was that I contacted Guangzhou embassy in December and received an email saying the statue of declaration would be sufficient!!! I knew they wanted the COC but since the embassy said the statue of declaration was acceptable, I thought it was fine¡­ I even read some of other posts on Visa Journey and some embassies (ex. Manila) were fine with the statue of declaration. If I knew this would have been a problem, I would have solved it before the interview¡­