Easy Pink....And Some Advice

I am pretty worried that we didn't frontload the I130. did not frontload the I130. All the evidence that the VO have are just the ones that was sent in with I130, which is not a lot. I was under the impression that we were allowed to drop off relationship evidence during the document drop off day but I guess not. I really hope the VO will look at the 4lbs of evidence that my husband is bringing now. I heard that most of the VO already made their decision prior the interview and I hope he does not have a denial in mind. So lets say he did have a denial in mind, do you think the evidence that we are bringing in now can influence his decision? I am so worried right now.

Right now, my best advice is to step away from the computer, relax and try to focus on something else.

You have been married close to two years. Do you trust your husband? Heck, he did a great job getting the documentation from UPS. So relax, chances are you will be fine. From what you have written about your relationship, there is nothing that doesn't seem bona-fide.

At this point, the decision is largely out of your hands. Hope for the best and if that doesn't happen you work together as a couple to fix whatever issue Guangzhou brings up.

But most of all, take a deep breath. I suspect your husband is as nervous about this as you are. What can you do to make sure your husband is at his best for the interview? Focus on that.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and how you communicate ??? if she speaks no English , you better speak Chinese . then, they may ask how you learn it ???

pls bring photos to the interview . officer will ask .

also 3 yrs tax return is asked during document collection even though NVC is ok with the most recent year and employment letter.

I am Chinses and so is he. We actually went to elementary school together so we have a long relationships history. However, I am worried about the sponseringship aspect becuase I am a full time student earning a doctare degree and I do not work. I do have some savings though... My co-sponser is a really good friend and he makes barely enough above the poverty guidline. Would this be a problem?

Not to add to your worries, but you may want to really make sure your sponsorship numbers are enough. Also, they may be suspicious about a friend providing sponsorship and essentially swearing under perjury that they will support your husband if he leaves you...? However if they do have issues I think you have a chance to go back and try to get more solid sponsorship. The student financial issue is a regular problem...

Not to add to your worries???, but you may want to really make sure your sponsorship numbers are enough. Also, they may be suspicious about a friend providing sponsorship and essentially swearing under perjury that they will support your husband if he leaves you...? However if they do have issues I think you have a chance to go back and try to get more solid sponsorship. The student financial issue is a regular problem...

Co-sponsors are a regular occurrence, especially among DCF's - they DO NOT agree to support the intending immigrant under ANY circumstances. They agree that the US Government MAY sue to recover any means tested benefits provided the intending immigrant.

Why would you talk like this?

I am pretty worried that we didn't frontload the I130. did not frontload the I130. All the evidence that the VO have are just the ones that was sent in with I130, which is not a lot. I was under the impression that we were allowed to drop off relationship evidence during the document drop off day but I guess not. I really hope the VO will look at the 4lbs of evidence that my husband is bringing now. I heard that most of the VO already made their decision prior the interview and I hope he does not have a denial in mind. So lets say he did have a denial in mind, do you think the evidence that we are bringing in now can influence his decision? I am so worried right now.

Everyone gets worried as interview day approaches, because as Tsap always says, it isn't about preparation, or process, it is just luck.

While I think he might be a bit jaded, I'd agree at least it is fate, and no amount of worrying will change anything at this point.

The only thing that might cause you trouble is the finances, and that is pretty easy to solve with a richer co-sponsor.

Relax as best you can, in the end all will be good.

For the most part CR-1/IR-1 spouse visas have a lower incedent of denial than K-1, do the committed nature of being married prior to petition submission.

Joint account statements / call history / photos is more than I sent in when we filed for or K-1 five years ago, in our case it was (Email Log a few sample emails, Chat Log, Skype Log, some pictures together, as well as a picture of me with my wife's family) I studied the process and simply did all the paperwork my self, never used a lawyer, and figured the only time to use a lawyer is if something got fouled up.

You say a year ago, I hope you filed your IRS return as a joint return using an ITIN for your husband.

Also in Guangzhou it is about 5 minutes of face time.

I filed as single 2009 because I did not support him and we were married in late 2009. For 2010, I did not file taxes. I am currently a full time student persuing a doctorate degree so I do not work. For my cosponser, he makes just 1000 above the poverty line and I have a feeling that this might be a problem. What do you think?

agree with that.

You may try to submit EOR letter during document collection time ( 1st day ). They may or may not want to take it . They pick and choose which documents they want to take on that day.

I have a question... So if they pick which documents to take, should I have my husband take apart the package that the lawyers prepared?

Edited by diamondeve21 (see edit history)

Right now, my best advice is to step away from the computer, relax and try to focus on something else.

You have been married close to two years. Do you trust your husband? Heck, he did a great job getting the documentation from UPS. So relax, chances are you will be fine. From what you have written about your relationship, there is nothing that doesn't seem bona-fide.

At this point, the decision is largely out of your hands. Hope for the best and if that doesn't happen you work together as a couple to fix whatever issue Guangzhou brings up.

But most of all, take a deep breath. I suspect your husband is as nervous about this as you are. What can you do to make sure your husband is at his best for the interview? Focus on that.

Yea... I am just hoping for the best! We still have a lot of preparation to do and he will be dropping off his documents in less than 10 hrs... We have a lot of bona-fide evidence but I just hope they are not nitpicking on other things...

Everyone gets worried as interview day approaches, because as Tsap always says, it isn't about preparation, or process, it is just luck.

While I think he might be a bit jaded, I'd agree at least it is fate, and no amount of worrying will change anything at this point.

The only thing that might cause you trouble is the finances, and that is pretty easy to solve with a richer co-sponsor.

Relax as best you can, in the end all will be good.

Thanks for the comfort! Co-sponsorship is where I had the most trouble. I really have no one else. My mom does not work and my aunts and uncles for sure will not sponsor him. If we get stuck on this, I really don't know what to do... I have about 20K worth of savings in the bank but it is not enough to fulfill their requirements. I did still report them and I am hoping that they would take it into consideration.

and how you communicate ??? if she speaks no English , you better speak Chinese . then, they may ask how you learn it ???

pls bring photos to the interview . officer will ask .

also 3 yrs tax return is asked during document collection even though NVC is ok with the most recent year and employment letter.

I am Chinses and so is he. We actually went to elementary school together so we have a long relationships history. However, I am worried about the sponseringship aspect becuase I am a full time student earning a doctare degree and I do not work. I do have some savings though... My co-sponser is a really good friend and he makes barely enough above the poverty guidline. Would this be a problem?

Not to add to your worries, but you may want to really make sure your sponsorship numbers are enough. Also, they may be suspicious about a friend providing sponsorship and essentially swearing under perjury that they will support your husband if he leaves you...? However if they do have issues I think you have a chance to go back and try to get more solid sponsorship. The student financial issue is a regular problem...

Yea.. this is what worries me too! My co-sponsor does make enough but only 1K above the poverty line. For the past three years, he made 7-8K above the poverty line but its just this year that his salary was low. He was out of job for a couple of month which is why he is cutting close. But for next year, his estimated income will be more than enough again... Do you think this would be a problem? I really cannot find anyone else as a co-sponsor. I also have approximately 20K worth of savings in the bank so I don't know if they would also consider this.

Not to add to your worries???, but you may want to really make sure your sponsorship numbers are enough. Also, they may be suspicious about a friend providing sponsorship and essentially swearing under perjury that they will support your husband if he leaves you...? However if they do have issues I think you have a chance to go back and try to get more solid sponsorship. The student financial issue is a regular problem...

Co-sponsors are a regular occurrence, especially among DCF's - they DO NOT agree to support the intending immigrant under ANY circumstances. They agree that the US Government MAY sue to recover any means tested benefits provided the intending immigrant.

Wait... I don't understand... What do you mean?

Wait... I don't understand... What do you mean?

My post was a comment on his post - it was over the top as far as what he's claiming for your situation, and uncalled for at this point in your situation.

I am questioning his statement that "they may be suspicious about a friend providing sponsorship" and that a co-sponsor is "swearing under perjury that they will support your husband if he leaves you".

Many people have used successfully friends as co-sponsors. No co-sponsor has ever been sued for alimony - the I-864 does not call for this even from the primary sponsor. It is simply a contract between the (co) sponsor and the US government.

Sorry for the distraction - you seem to be focusing on the information that you need here - but I wanted to address what he said.

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question. If I already paid the visa fee and the security fee with the I130, do we need to pay anymore fees inside the embassy?

Thanks,

Anna

Anna,

As far as I know, the only fee you'll be paying is between 20 yuan and 80 yuan for the consulate to mail the visa.

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question. If I already paid the visa fee and the security fee with the I130, do we need to pay anymore fees inside the embassy?

Thanks,

Anna

Unless you are living in China and filed the I-130 to the DHS office in Beijing or Guangzhou ("DCF"), there should be no fee paid to consulate, petition fee paid with I-130 in the states or DHS office overseas only covers Petition processing by USCIS, you pay additional fees to NVC if stateside processing, or to Guangzhou if processing overseas as in "DCF"