August interview group.

Well time to start next month's thread, as always some may know the interview a month or so in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

I know! Crazy right? Not too many people reporting upcoming interviews. June and July were exciting months and I am very happy for everyone.

My review of other members timelines suggests that my fiances interview would be on August 2nd. But no news yet.

I am hoping for a surprise birthday present tomorrow! (Scheduled Interview)

I will take it as a blessing in disguise that I have not gone for an interview yet. I would not have stumbled on the few extra posts that will help my fiance be prepared for any number of questions. (i.e. Resume) AND a business trip sprung up which puts me in Tianjin for the next 2 weeks!

I would rather have the full comprehensive list of any and all documents they could ask for, then to find out that we need to go get additional documents.

I called DOS this morning and the operator confirmed that our P3 was received into the Embassy. It was received first by the White Swan Hotel (another detail not mentioned in many places without some heavy searching and reading). Well 21days later, the embassy has a record that the P3 file has been received.

This means we could be seeing our Appointment Letter in the next week.

I suspect to see an outpouring of August interview dates soon!

Hi all, I am also a new member here. I have found a lot of useful information here. I am happy to report that I just received our P4 letter with a interview date of August 22, 2011. I am excited as we have waited a long time for this day. We started our journey down the long path of paperwork and waiting last Nov 20. I have done all of it myself but did hire a immigration attorney. Not for my sake but for my wife. I have tried but she is just unable to do this on her own so I got her the help she needs. I will keep all posted on the results and all in between.

Hi all, I am also a new member here. I have found a lot of useful information here. I am happy to report that I just received our P4 letter with a interview date of August 22, 2011. I am excited as we have waited a long time for this day. We started our journey down the long path of paperwork and waiting last Nov 20. I have done all of it myself but did hire a immigration attorney. Not for my sake but for my wife. I have tried but she is just unable to do this on her own so I got her the help she needs. I will keep all posted on the results and all in between.

Good luck on the interview.

tsap seui

What in the world happened?

Guangzhou must be behind on other visa applications during the month of August.

Just got an email confirmation that P3 papers have been received (took 3 weeks to receive) and my fiance has been put on the waitlist for sometime between September and October.

I won't give up hope for an earlier interview, but it's disappointing to see the inconsistency in receiving and scheduling times. Every VJ timeline I have checked, even submitting P3 after us, already have July or early August interview scheduled. I would be happy even to have late August as I am currently in China for work and planned to take vacation afterwards...I don't feel like spending another 24 hours in a plane.

Just got an email confirmation that P3 papers have been received (took 3 weeks to receive) and my fiance has been put on the waitlist for sometime between September and October.

I won't give up hope for an earlier interview, but it's disappointing to see the inconsistency in receiving and scheduling times. Every VJ timeline I have checked, even submitting P3 after us, already have July or early August interview scheduled. I would be happy even to have late August as I am currently in China for work and planned to take vacation afterwards...I don't feel like spending another 24 hours in a plane.

Oh man, I hope it is not that long of a wait for the interview date. Guangzhou just received my P3 about a week ago. We are waiting for them to schedule a appointment date also. How did you find out that there was waiting list. Did you email the embassy? I am hoping that they give us a late August interview.

You can call the below number to check if your appointment has been scheduled. In our case we found out several days prior to receiving the actual letter. See below:

DOS - (USA) 12026631225

Hit 1 to bypass the first automated message, then 0 to speak to someone who can help you.

in case you're interested. We called them through Skype (from China). No problems.

Oh man, I hope it is not that long of a wait for the interview date. Guangzhou just received my P3 about a week ago. We are waiting for them to schedule a appointment date also. How did you find out that there was waiting list. Did you email the embassy? I am hoping that they give us a late August interview.

So I call DOS daily at the number that Kyle mentioned. I ask them for the status as 3 weeks passed before GUZ even showed the P3 package as RECEIVED.

I also email Guangzhou through the Embassy website to ask when the interview will be scheduled. I confirmed July 22 by phone with DOS that the file was marked received. GUZ confirmed receipt in response to my question submitted through the website on Monday, 7/25. The email also said that the wait for interview scheduling was in Sept/Oct.

My case has been moving along at a good pace, quicker than most...I observed this morning that GUZ seems to be balancing out the process by taking care of early submitters first. The 3 August interviewers I saw on VJ (visa journey) has submitted their petition in January. So whether P3 is processed quickly or slowly, I think NOA1 might be driving the scheduling.

When did you submit your petition?

When did you send in your P3 package?

So I call DOS daily at the number that Kyle mentioned. I ask them for the status as 3 weeks passed before GUZ even showed the P3 package as RECEIVED.

I also email Guangzhou through the Embassy website to ask when the interview will be scheduled. I confirmed July 22 by phone with DOS that the file was marked received. GUZ confirmed receipt in response to my question submitted through the website on Monday, 7/25. The email also said that the wait for interview scheduling was in Sept/Oct.

My case has been moving along at a good pace, quicker than most...I observed this morning that GUZ seems to be balancing out the process by taking care of early submitters first. The 3 August interviewers I saw on VJ (visa journey) has submitted their petition in January. So whether P3 is processed quickly or slowly, I think NOA1 might be driving the scheduling.

When did you submit your petition?

When did you send in your P3 package?

I began my petition in late November. P3 was sent in about a week and a half ago. And they received my P3 in only about 5 days. I email them also about scheduling an interview. but they did not tell me anything about waiting till Stept or Oct. They just said it depends on the case load.

Okay, so once again the mystery that is this whole process has proven my theory wrong.

I just called DOS and GUZ scheduled interview and mailed out P4.

Doc Hand-in: August 22nd

Interview: August 23rd

And breathe....

I think we need a meteorologist to apply Chaos Theory mathematics to understand how processing works.