Something i rerecognise after two years' sales work

Today 2011/6/29-sunny and rainy but cool is the 785th day since I worked as a sales engineer in this consulting trade(regarding to test and product certificate.) There is a lot I have learnt from this position. And my thinking has changed much as well, it¡¯s going to change more in the future, I know.

Before: my existence is to make others happier, the way to get it is to ask nothing from others but say yes to their requirements

Now: I have to make myself happy as well, if I am not happy, I don¡¯t have the ability to make others happy. Only say yes is not the right way to make others happy, negotiate and find what they really need and what I can offer in fact, this way is better.

Before: To make money from others is greedy, self-distribution?? Is necessary and is the essence to make the world better.

Now: If you don¡¯t make money, you will die of hunger, nobody will give you money for nothing, I am not looking forward myself to become a beggar, BTW, the information you learnt worth the price, don¡¯t feel guilty.

Before: Clients interest is more important than anybody¡¯s, even my boss¡¯ and mine.

Now: Your boss pay you the money, first, enable your boss make the profit of you or you will be fired, second, earn your life or your child will be sad, then offer your client the best at the basis of meeting these two requirements. And sometimes clients don¡¯t believe you at all that you have stood in his shoes.

Before: Never say anything untrue, the world is complicated, the life is uneasy, make it simpler as possible as you can.

Now: Anyone who cann¡¯t tell lies in need is a fool indeed. Lies are sometimes indispensable if you wanna live a better happier life, actually for everybody. While I still hold the line that I shouldn¡¯t talk too big and won¡¯t hurt others with lies.

I am writing this to record my career life, I sometimes want to give up this job as I suffered time from time, but I said no to myself when I am clear, I know that I enjoy communicating with different people, learn news from others, I enjoyed a lot when I get a client signed and so on, also sales work gives me the hope that I will earn more if I pay more.

I will insist on working as sales. That¡¯s my choice.

Post originated in China, seems to be an english essay about working in sales in China, I will leave it be.

Sounds to me like someone learned some life lessons. I like the comment: "Now: I have to make myself happy as well, if I am not happy, I don¡¯t have the ability to make others happy."

Some would call that selfish, but I've always said if you don't take care of yourself, you ain't worth nuthin' to anyone else.

I know someone very near and dear to me that needs to learn this lesson. :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

Sounds to me like someone learned some life lessons. I like the comment: "Now: I have to make myself happy as well, if I am not happy, I don¡¯t have the ability to make others happy."

Some would call that selfish, but I've always said if you don't take care of yourself, you ain't worth nuthin' to anyone else.

I know someone very near and dear to me that needs to learn this lesson. :ph34r:

Really? I trust it is"she" right?

Maybe we will have some common topic,haha