Dadgum cornputer

I took my 2010 ASUS laptop with me this trip, hooked up to the plug out of the DSL box, and I can't get online with my laptop. I get a message saying the IP is not valid, or something to that effect.

Any ideas that a computer dud like myself could try and easily make it work? I mean REAL easily fix. :lol:

I don't really need my computer but I won't be able to get online once we leave home for GUZ until we get back from the interview....maybe it will work in Guangzhou if I take it there.

Thanks in advance.

tsap seui

I took my 2010 ASUS laptop with me this trip, hooked up to the plug out of the DSL box, and I can't get online with my laptop. I get a message saying the IP is not valid, or something to that effect.

Any ideas that a computer dud like myself could try and easily make it work? I mean REAL easily fix. :lol:

I don't really need my computer but I won't be able to get online once we leave home for GUZ until we get back from the interview....maybe it will work in Guangzhou if I take it there.

Thanks in advance.

tsap seui

You likely have to set up a connection with the DSL signon and password. Are you using Windows 7 or something older?

As for the hotel, most have direct internet connections so they are just plug and play wired or you might be able to connect wireless.

If Windows 7, I think this is what you need to do

START--->Control Panel--->Network and Internet----> Network and Sharing Center---->Set Up a Conenction or Network---->Connect to the Internet---->

Set up a Network Anyway (likely won't get this, my computer is already on the internet)--->Create a New Connection---->Broadband(PPPoe)--->

Three Blanks:

User name: This is probalby three letters that refer to your locaation and then the eight digit phone number.

Password: Password, if you or lil rabbit don't know, PM and I will tell you what to try.

Connection Name: This can be whatever you want it to be.

Hit Connect and it should work, though at times I need to reconnect a few times before it goes through.

Thanks in advance.

tsap seui

You likely have to set up a connection with the DSL signon and password. Are you using Windows 7 or something older?

As for the hotel, most have direct internet connections so they are just plug and play wired or you might be able to connect wireless.

Thanks buddy. I just had to sign into my wife's provider. We got it online now.

It's my first time taking a conputer with me and I'm not used to signing in to anything.

Thanks again. Would like to visit you in Dalian but are too busy here working on interview to go play. I'll be in Guangzhou on the 3rd of July until whenever if you go back to pick up the passport and visa.

tsap seui