Changes coming to DCF on August 15

I saw this thread on Visa Journey

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=82&t=310589

This may not effect China much since there are two USCIS offices here but if you are planning on filing after August 15 it may effect you.

You no longer can file at consulate but will have to file at USCIS directly.

This is no change, except at countries which do not have a USCIS office. China has 2, which will continue to accept petitions as before.

Previously, in countries which do not have a USCIS office, the petitioner was allowed to file with the Dept. of State. As of Aug. 15, these petitions MUST be filed with USCIS.

Petitioners residing in a country with a USCIS office have the option of sending their I-130 forms to the Chicago Lockbox, or they may file their Forms I-130 at the international USCIS office having jurisdiction over the area where they live.

This change simply takes the Dept. of State out of the loop - it wasn't even in the loop for China to begin with - so, no change.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Well I paid the fee in Shenyang and mailed the I-130 to Beijing. It appears that may no longer be an option after August 15

Not clear why that would change - the 2 USCIS offices are in Beijing and Guangzhou. ALL DCF petitions are filed with one of the two, as was yours. Although, I guess the Dept of State IS in the loop there, if only for fee collections. The directive specifies ONLY those countries without a USCIS office.

I guess they could change the fee paying procedure, but this doesn't seem to say that.

I agree w/ Randy. This won't affect China

I will third Randy. Sometimes there is confusion over filing with the consulate vs USCIS; technically a DCFer in China IS filing with USCIS (as an overseas branch), which happens to be located at BJ and GUZ. I think this is Randy's main point so just providing some Dept. of Redundancy here (Joke for the really old-time CFLers).