June interview group.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just received packet 4 via EMS! We were sure that our interview would be around the end of July or beginning of August. I couldn't believe it when my wife told me her interview date was for June 27!!! So, I guess we'll be in the June group

I'm a little confused on the fees. There was a fee for the petition...there's also a fee for the visa interview date, right? Does anyone know how much that is, and where I can find that info? Thanks!

Since you are DCF, you need to pay $330 as a visa fee and an additional $74 as a security surcharge for a total of $405.

You can pay this in RMB (exchange rate 1 USD ~ 6.5 RMB). You pay at document intake on the first day of the interview.

I believe for non-DCF these fees are generally paid prior to the actual interview.

Edited by Beachey (see edit history)

I'm a little confused on the fees. There was a fee for the petition...there's also a fee for the visa interview date, right? Does anyone know how much that is, and where I can find that info? Thanks!

Since you are DCF, you need to pay $330 as a visa fee and an additional $74 as a security surcharge for a total of $405.

You can pay this in RMB (exchange rate 1 USD ~ 6.5 RMB). You pay at document intake on the first day of the interview.

I believe for non-DCF these fees are generally paid prior to the actual interview.

Fee paid when filing the I-130 was the USCIS fee for processing a petition, just like in the states, later you pay a visa fee, if filed in the states this is paid to NVC, but since you are doing DCF, the visa fee is paid in China to Guangzhou.

One savings you get is you do not have to pay a fee to process the I-864 affidavit of support.

OK, Thanks guys! Luckily, we've prepared almost everything in advance. Tata's going to go to the hospital this Friday. Is it true she should get there as early as possible? Any suggested times?

In our case we needed the results expedited same day service due to the medical center being closed for a week and reopening the day before our interview, so we were there waiting in line when the center opened.

Getting there early is good if needing to get things done quickly or to avoid the busy time later in the day.

We used the center on Shamain Island.

Just got P4 earlier with document turn in on June 29th and thus the interview is June 30th. Fingers crossed!

Good luck to all of you June interviewers. Bring 'em home.

tsap seui

We got blue slipped on June 9. One document was translated and notarized in the USA, and the officer asked for the white book notarization done in China again. We sent the new document on June 13 by RMS and they received it on June 15. The VO told my wife I believe in your relationship and we are ready to give visa once your turn in this document. I had prepared a co sponsor just in case they asked for it. I am self employed and my income fluctuates. My wife submitted the cosponsor info but the VO returned them the next day saying there is no need for cosponsor in our case. I hope to get the call in letter in 2 weeks.

We got blue slipped on June 9. One document was translated and notarized in the USA, and the officer asked for the white book notarization done in China again. We sent the new document on June 13 by RMS and they received it on June 15. The VO told my wife I believe in your relationship and we are ready to give visa once your turn in this document. I had prepared a co sponsor just in case they asked for it. I am self employed and my income fluctuates. My wife submitted the cosponsor info but the VO returned them the next day saying there is no need for cosponsor in our case. I hope to get the call in letter in 2 weeks.

Sorry...I'm confused...which document did you get notarized in the States? Are the document and the white book one in the same?

For anyone reading this post who hasn't submitted their Packet 4 yet, you need to get 3 white books in China - marriage cert, birth notarial document, and police record notarized.

Yep, the consulate plays by different rules than NVC or USCIS, a stateside translation of docs will satisfy the state side departments, the consulate however is different.

Nice of them to no need the co-sponsor, did you send a joint-sponsor I-864 to NVC when they requested I-864? If not then this explains why GUZ rejected it, NVC accepted solo sponsor, so the consulate would do the same, the only reason for showing the I-864 to the consulate is to verify a copy scanned and emailed to NVC.

I submitted a co sponsor to NVC because my income fluctuates. I am self employed and I owe a small amount to IRS. I already have an installment plan arrangement with the IRS. So I decided to send a cosponsor to NVC during electronic processing and they accepted the cosponsor. I also scanned my social security benefit statement to show my income in the last 20 years. During the document take in, my wife submitted the co sponsors information and also new 2010 tax return for my cosponsor and new W2. She also submitted our jointly filed 2010 tax return. They accepted these documents during the document take in, but the visa officer decided there is no need for cosponsor and returned the I 864 back to my wife next day. The officer kept our joint tax return. My income is 2010 is higher. She didn't tell me about the visa officer returning the cosponsors I 864 back until the next day. I interpret this as the VO is satisfied with my income and does not require a cosponsor. If they had any questions they would have kept the cosponsor.

We are keeping our fingers crossed. I am returning back to USA tomorrow. I hope she follows me in about 3 weeks.

My wife is bringing a few copies of the I-864 with her when we go to the interview. One with the co-sponsor listed and one without. But I suppose in your case, they didn't need a form without the co-sponsor, right? They just ignored it?