Social Security Card

I tried to search for Social Security Card on the forum but keep getting a database error so here's my question.

On the CR1 application the box was checked to receive a Social Security Card. Does anyone have a clue as to how long it takes to receive after entering the US?

I tried to search for Social Security Card on the forum but keep getting a database error so here's my question.

On the CR1 application the box was checked to receive a Social Security Card. Does anyone have a clue as to how long it takes to receive after entering the US?

Give it 2 to 4 weeks after arrival, then go to SSA and apply for a "replacement" card.

Give it 2 to 4 weeks after arrival, then go to SSA and apply for a "replacement" card.

Thanks, I guess that's what I'll have to do tomorrow since it has been over 6 weeks now.

Thanks, I guess that's what I'll have to do tomorrow since it has been over 6 weeks now.

Bring passport, green-card, if have not received CG yet the passport with visa should do, the visa should have an I-551 notation on it indicating green card.

Bring foreign Birth cert, and translation.

Bring copy of marriage license.

Bring passport, green-card, if have not received CG yet the passport with visa should do, the visa should have an I-551 notation on it indicating green card.

Bring foreign Birth cert, and translation.

Bring copy of marriage license.

Good information, I probably would have forgotten to bring the marriage documents.

Thanks again !!!!

If you tell them you're applying for a "replacement", that may sidetrack them for a while looking for the old number. Explain that she is an immigrant and is applying for a "New" card - if one had already been issued (VERY unlikely), it will show up in their computer - they woill NOT issue a second number.