Bringing Parents for visit

I haven't heard anything new on this process, has anyone had any luck? I am wondering if it would help if we were there in person for the interview when either parents apply with the information at the consolt, or would we confuse the poor gov't people more than they are? or has anyone tried this method as yet?maybe worth trying?

I think after the immigration laws are updated, then you should just hire a new nanny (how old are the kids)!!!!!!

I am scared about the prospect of bringing Irina's parents over too. I presume that Irina's mother and sister might want to come leaving her father at home.

I don't know if the sister would like to eventually immigrate to the USA, but I doubt the parents are interested in doing it. In fact, apparently they were a little stunned when Irina told them that she had found an American Boyfriend.

Oh,

As far as attending the interview. I presume that you would not be invited inside the room (just like the finacee is interviewed alone).

Remember, you have to demonstrate all of the following:

1. A place to stay in the USA and sufficient resources for the trip and return trip.

2. STRONG ties to China

3. No strong ties to the USA.

Unfortunately, these requirements tend to contradict each other. If your mother in law and father in laws don't speak very good English, or haven't traveled before, either you or your wife would probably want to accompany them to the USA.

-----

Oh, a little anecdote.... On my last trip back from Russia, the man sitting next to me (in the seat I had reserved for Irina) was an older Russian man, perhaps 60. He didn't speak a single word of English, and my Russian is so poor that I can hardly say anything more than "hello". Of course, the flight attendants spoke Russian, and I assume he will be able to find interpreters when necessary. Anyway, I had just learned a couple of the most common Russian card games (and had a deck of Russian cards) so we just played cards for half the flight.

----- Clifford -----