EMS label returned with P3

Thanks, when I just went over the mailing instructions with my wife she told me the same thing. The reason I got confused was we have EMS labels at work and I thought they were just like FedEx labels where you have to either pay cash or put in an account number. I didn't realize they were all prepaid.

Thanks, when I just went over the mailing instructions with my wife she told me the same thing. The reason I got confused was we have EMS labels at work and I thought they were just like FedEx labels where you have to either pay cash or put in an account number. I didn't realize they were all prepaid.

My wife went to the China Post and bought the label. She filled out her address in the recipient area.

If this is an issue of semantics rather than incorrect information then I apologize, but based on the original question of prepaid postage the replies are misleading/incorrect.

EMS labels (as well as EMS envelopes) in China need to be 'bought' and cost 1RMB each, but I would definitely use the term 'bought' and not 'prepaid' there because they are just address labels and have no postage value. Postage is paid for at the time you send your EMS and in this case the postage for P4 is paid for by GUZ (how would anyone know how heavy the P4 envelope will be and how much postage to buy?). Your wife will have paid 1RMB to purchase the address label that she returns with the P3 documents, but not bought prepaid postage.

If this is an issue of semantics rather than incorrect information then I apologize, but based on the original question of prepaid postage the replies are misleading/incorrect.

EMS labels (as well as EMS envelopes) in China need to be 'bought' and cost 1RMB each, but I would definitely use the term 'bought' and not 'prepaid' there because they are just address labels and have no postage value. Postage is paid for at the time you send your EMS and in this case the postage for P4 is paid for by GUZ (how would anyone know how heavy the P4 envelope will be and how much postage to buy?). Your wife will have paid 1RMB to purchase the address label that she returns with the P3 documents, but not bought prepaid postage.

Actually this really helps, this is just goofy enough of a system that it makes perfect sense the Chinese came up with it.

When I first came to China, another expat told me. "It is doesn't make sense, don't worry everything is perfectly normal; when things start making sense is when you should start worrying."

Actually this really helps, this is just goofy enough of a system that it makes perfect sense the Chinese came up with it.

When I first came to China, another expat told me. "It is doesn't make sense, don't worry everything is perfectly normal; when things start making sense is when you should start worrying."

Ain't that the truth!!