Questions about NVC and Consulate

Just to let you know whats coming Turbo. I called DOS this morning. Our petition left NVC on March 23rd. As of today consulate still has not received.

That is of course if I got the right information?!

I just called them today too. My application left the NVC on April 12th and they sent out packet 3 today. The NVC had given met the wrong case number at first though so we werent able to update the address before P3 was sent out. No biggie because she did a self generated P3 and will submit an address change with the correct case number as soon as she reads my email. Anyway, March 23rd sounds like way too long to wait. Is it still stuck in security? Are you a spy? Good luck!

I just called them today too. My application left the NVC on April 12th and they sent out packet 3 today. The NVC had given met the wrong case number at first though so we werent able to update the address before P3 was sent out. No biggie because she did a self generated P3 and will submit an address change with the correct case number as soon as she reads my email. Anyway, March 23rd sounds like way too long to wait. Is it still stuck in security? Are you a spy? Good luck!

Once the paperwork reaches Guangzhou it is hed in a customs hold before being released to the consulate. As you can see by my timelines below, you may have a 3 to 4 months wait to get an interview date. On 1/26/11 I contacted the NVC and they just posted my interview date that morning so I quickly started booking my flight to China for best ticket prices. I think I read where some people's paperwork was released quicker than mine. BTW, my application was for a CR1 and was not electronically processed. Good luck for fast processing!

09/16/10 - NVC sent case to Guangzhou

09/20/10 - Case arrived in Guangzhou/Customs Delay

01/26/11 - Interview scheduled for 3/2/11

Mike

Edited by dnoblett
Fixed Quote tags (see edit history)

Should I go ahead and get the financial stuff ready and send it to her or wait until she gets packet 4? I forgot

Yep, as per OF-169 included in packet 3 one of the things they say to gather is the I-134 and should have prior to sending back the OF-169, though most send back OF-169 to consulate before getting the I-134 sent over to China.