Mom's got her tourist via to the US!!!

First Thanks to Tine and Ella for their helpful checklist. I did essentially the same.Here are the Q&A (all in Chinese)

1) why do you want to go to the US?

---visit my daughter

2) what does she do in the US?

---working in Vermont. My mom said the VO didn't understand her Mandarin for Vermont, she tried a few times to make it clear.

3)Why doesn't your husband want to go?

---He has to work and has to cook for my other daughter and son. We decide to visit one by one. (Mom said the VO was really happy about her answer at this point because he was smiling.)

Then VO asked for my passport, visa and green card information and took a while before he came back and congratulated my mom on getting the visa. That's all he asked. It was a smooth interview. I am proud of my mom for trying so hard to work on her Mandarin.

Congrat !

He has to work and cook.... that nailed it . It means strong tie to home and she'll return.

Why she has to work on her Mandarin ? She speaks Dialect normally ??? nothing wrong with that , my wife's family all speak dialect and speak very little Mandarin to none . Even I speak Mandarin , I have to use a translator too.... how about that ?